- Philip Rivers passed for a career-high 436 yards today, tying Dan Fouts, for the fourth-most prolific passing day in team history…Fouts happened to be in the broadcast booth at Qualcomm Stadium this afternoon, working as an analyst on CBS.
- Included in Rivers’ day was a career-long 81-yard touchdown pass to Darren Sproles in the first quarter. The play tied for the ninth-longest pass play in team history.
- Sproles finished the day with 278 all-purpose yards – 26 rushing, 124 receiving and 128 on kickoff returns. It was the ninth-best all-purpose day in team history. For Sproles, it also marked his second-consecutive 200-yard game as he accounted for 264 yards – 23 rush, 43 receiving, 10 punt return and 170 kickoff return – in Monday’s season-opener in Oakland.
- Sproles’ 124 yards receiving were a career-high, as well as his first-ever 100-yard receiving game.
- Vincent Jackson had the second-best receiving day of his career today with 141 yards, seven yards shy of his career-high of 148 against Oakland last Dec. 4, 2008.
- It was Sproles’ ninth-career 200-yard game.
- The Chargers reported only two injuries from today’s game, linebackers Shawne Merriman and Shaun Philips both suffered groin injuries.
Tags: Dan Fouts, Darren Sproles, Philip Rivers, Vincent Jackson
Posted in Game Day, Notes | 12 Comments »