• Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 9:20 AM - 11:30 AM PDT Training Camp Practice Training camp practice is open to the public. Gates to Chargers Park will open one hour before the start of each practice session.
  • Sat., Aug. 02, 2014 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT 2014 Chargers FanFest It will be a special day for Chargers fans of all ages and, best of all, it’s free. The parking lot will open at 9:00 a.m. and the stadium gates will open at 10 a.m
  • Mon., Aug. 04, 2014 2:50 PM - 5:00 PM PDT Training Camp Practice Training camp practice is open to the public. Gates to Chargers Park will open one hour before the start of each practice session.
  • Thu., Aug. 07, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

• Thu., Aug. 07, 2014 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM PDT Cowboys @ Chargers The Chargers open preseason play at home against the Dallas Cowboys.
  • Thu., Aug. 07, 2014 10:00 PM - 11:30 PM PDT Post-Game Show

• Sat., Aug. 09, 2014 9:20 AM - 11:30 AM PDT Training Camp Practice Training camp practice is open to the public. Gates to Chargers Park will open one hour before the start of each practice session.
  • Mon., Aug. 11, 2014 2:50 PM - 5:00 PM PDT Training Camp Practice Training camp practice is open to the public. Gates to Chargers Park will open one hour before the start of each practice session.
  • Tue., Aug. 12, 2014 9:20 AM - 11:30 AM PDT Training Camp Practice Training camp practice is open to the public. Gates to Chargers Park will open one hour before the start of each practice session.
  • Fri., Aug. 15, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

Guest Blog: Le’Ron McClain

Posted by Ricky Henne on September 13, 2012 – 11:24 AM

The following was written and submitted by Chargers Fullback Le’Ron McClain:

Man, do I love being in SD! It’s an awesome city and I love the weather.  It doesn’t rain at all and I love the blue skies. I finally made my way down to the Gaslamp area the other week and got an amazing meal.  I like that downtown district.  I also went to a couple of Padres games while I was there. I got into the baseball thing when I was in Baltimore and rooted for the Orioles, so I’m trying to trade in that team for the Padres.

I’m proud to call this city home and wear that lightning bolt across my chest. It’s an amazing blessing to wear it with these teammates.  We have some high caliber players and awesome people on this team.  To be in the same huddle as Antonio Gates, Malcom Floyd and Philip Rivers, it’s a real blessing. I’ve gotten real close with Ronnie Brown too. We have the same agent so I’d seen a lot of him. To get him out here on this team is a blessing too. We sit next to each other on the plane and joke around a lot.  I really love a lot of the guys on this team and I’m going to do whatever I can to help us win and get us to that Super Bowl.

We got off to a good start with the win in Oakland.  It’s awesome to win on the road in a stadium like that.  The black hole is a ridiculous environment to play in. Man, those fans are NASTY.  They love their team, but they really got on my head and were calling me out. They got on my case the first time I came to the bench, so to look up at the stands and watch them walk up those stairs and leave with three minutes left felt great!  To go out there, take care of business and get back on the plane with a win was big for us. It makes me hungry for the next one.

On the plane, I pass the time by watching movies.  I usually have about six on my iTunes so I can keep my options open. I watched The Express on my way to Oakland and that was a good one about Ernie Davis. I like sports movies like that and Remember the Titans, Varsity Blues or Any Given Sunday.  That’s one of my favorite movies.  I like football flicks.

Fans often ask what I like to do when I’m not on the football field, and honestly, I do a lot of the same things that anyone else does.  I watch a lot of movies and TV, read a lot of books and play my video games.  I’m trying to stay away from my video games because I can get locked in and play for hours.  I love Madden, NCAA and NBA2K.  I recently got into that Call of Duty thing and am trying to get used to that because I’m getting shot up a lot!

Anyway, thanks for reading this blog.  I had a lot of fun writing it.  And thanks also for accepting me.  I’m working hard for you guys to help this city win and get us to that championship that everyone dreams of.  So thank you for accepting me.

Le’Ron

14 Responses to “Guest Blog: Le’Ron McClain”

1. By Doug on Sep 13, 2012 | Reply

Good stuff Le’Ron! We’re happy to have you here man. Thanks for taking the time away from your XBOX to write us. LOL Good luck Sunday against the Titans. Go get that W!

2. By Tim Montpetit on Sep 13, 2012 | Reply

I really believe in the group in the backfield management has assembled. I think Norv is very careful to whom and at what time- during games and the season- he reveals his playbook, because this is a copycat league and he is one one the most creative offensive minds…..in oakland I think he didnt have to show all his cards, sort of speak, because the game was going according to plan. He was content to burn the clock……I look forward this week to see a few different looks from our backfield the titans may not have seen with our new backs…

Run Big guy…big the beef n mak em pay to stop you…

3. By Paul on Sep 13, 2012 | Reply

Glad to have you in SD Le’Ron. Everyone has high expectations for this season and from everything I have heard and read , the team does too. Keep playing hard and wear that yellow and blue proudly. Can’t wait to see you guys beat up the Titans this Sunday in the all whites! Bolt pride!

4. By Elmer on Sep 13, 2012 | Reply

Welcome to SD. Nice to have another solid leader on the team!

5. By braxton29 on Sep 13, 2012 | Reply

Le’Ron, enjoy your time in SD. Play hard, work hard and get the good things to happen. Bolt UP!!!!

6. By KennyG on Sep 13, 2012 | Reply

Great to have you here buddy!! Haven’t had a bruiser like you since Lorenzo Neal! We NEED you! Hope you love San Diego as much as we do. Good Luck Sunday and go out there and Hit somebody as my coach would say! BIGBADBOLTS2K12 …

7. By will on Sep 13, 2012 | Reply

leron your a beast son

8. By Vasquez on Sep 14, 2012 | Reply

As someone who dislikes baseball, I feel sorry for you for rooting for the worst team out there. After all that crap with the Padres getting a new stadium only to continue to suck and have its owner sell the team away just goes to show that San Diego baseball really F**** over the Chargers and its fans. Welcome to sunny SD Le’Ron, don’t forget to brush up on your spanish and check out Tijuana.

9. By Vasquez on Sep 14, 2012 | Reply

Oh yeah, if you got a PS3, add me and I’ll play you a game of NCAA Football 13. My PSN ID is VasquezEazy22.

10. By johnxavier on Sep 14, 2012 | Reply

Welcome to SD Leron your definately a welcomed addtion my friend! We look forward to a healthy Matthews n Mcclain Combo soon n if u want to to lose in battlefield my gamertags: jamx113 hahahha.. lets go bolts!!!

11. By Bruce McBolt on Sep 14, 2012 | Reply

It’s great to have you here in SD Le’Ron!! Looking forward to watching you do what you do for the Bolts and I’m glad you are enjoying your new city! We got your back man, enjoy yourself and flatten some Titans this weekend!!

12. By Dan on Sep 14, 2012 | Reply

Good article, been a big fan of yours since 08, still wish you were a Raven but I’ve been following you closely in KC and SD. Got tickets to catch you pancake some steelers in Dec!

13. By JD James Davis on Sep 15, 2012 | Reply

Hi Leron I am So Glad Your a Charger when Ryan gets Back and Youe Helping Clear the Way with Some Carries also The Running Game is Going To Take Off ! Keep Thumpimg You Big Time Bruiser ! JD

14. By matty on Sep 16, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for your energy and entusiasm. Hated to see hester go, but u r a big upgrade sir!