• Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM PDT Breast Cancer Awareness Month Screening Event

Chargers and Komen San Diego are teaming up to provide free mammograms.

• Sun., Oct. 05, 2014 11:25 AM - 1:25 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

• Sun., Oct. 05, 2014 1:25 PM - 4:25 PM PDT Jets @ Chargers The Chargers welcome the Jets to Qualcomm Stadium.
  • Sun., Oct. 05, 2014 4:25 PM - 6:00 PM PDT Post-Game Show The official San Diego Chargers post-game show with exclusive interviews with Mike McCoy, Chargers players, phone calls and comments breaking down the game.
  • Sun., Oct. 12, 2014 11:05 AM - 1:05 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

• Sun., Oct. 12, 2014 1:05 PM - 4:05 PM PDT Chargers @ Raiders The Chargers head to Oakland to take on the Raiders.
  • Sun., Oct. 12, 2014 4:05 PM - 5:30 PM PDT Post-Game Show The official San Diego Chargers post-game show with exclusive interviews with Mike McCoy, Chargers players, phone calls and comments breaking down the game.
  • Sun., Oct. 19, 2014 11:05 AM - 1:05 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

• Sun., Oct. 19, 2014 1:05 PM - 4:05 PM PDT Chiefs @ Chargers The Chargers face off against the Kansas City Chiefs.
  • Sun., Oct. 19, 2014 4:05 PM - 5:30 PM PDT Post-Game Show The official San Diego Chargers post-game show with exclusive interviews with Mike McCoy, Chargers players, phone calls and comments breaking down the game.

Guest Blog: Malcom Floyd

Posted by Ricky Henne on September 20, 2012 – 4:32 PM

The following was written and submitted by Chargers wide receiver Malcom Floyd.

Hey all.  Malcom Floyd here.  Thanks for giving me the chance to write this guest blog.

Over my time here with the Chargers I’ve really come to love San Diego.  I fell in love with it right away. I love the weather and my teammates have become some of my closest friends.  And I love the beaches here too.  I like them all, but Mission Beach is probably my favorite.

I started out as a practice squad guy and it’s been a long journey getting here.  It keeps me humble.  I make sure I keep working as hard as I possibly can.  And if you make plays, you’ll stick in the NFL.  So that’s my philosophy day in and day out.

Being here my whole career I’ve formed a really good bond with Philip.  I love having him be my quarterback. I respect him as a friend and as a player because he’s so smart and works so hard.  I see him come in every day.  He is the first one here and one of the last ones to leave.  I try to stay up to his level.  He really pushes me and everyone else to be the best we can.  He sets the bar really high.

When I’m not at the facility or at the stadium, I spend most of my time with my kids.  My oldest is three and my youngest is almost one.  I miss them a lot when I’m here working, but it makes me happy to have something like them to look forward to after practice. I’m really proud of them and they are really good kids. I’m looking forward to watching them grow up.

When I’m out on the street, a lot of fans ask me about my touchdown celebration lately when I dunk the ball over the uprights.  It’s pretty simple really.  I love basketball! And my favorite part of basketball is dunking.  I dunked my first ball in ninth grade and I haven’t stopped since. It’s kind of a momentum setter for me to dunk the ball whether it is at another team’s place or at home. The crowd gets really fired up.  And we need not just the players on the team, but we need our 12th man, the fans to play our best.

I want to give a quick shout-out to my mom who had a school named after her this week back home.  I’m so proud of her it’s hard to put into words.  She etched her name in history in the city of Sacramento, and she’s helped out so many people.  She has a big, huge heart.  She’s almost too nice!  But she’s a great woman, and I’m very, very lucky to have her.

Well that’s about it for me.  Thanks for all your support.  We’re going to go out there and play our hearts out every single day. I know what we owe to this city, so we’re going to go out there at practice and at games and devote all our time to deliver you a win every week.

Malcom

26 Responses to “Guest Blog: Malcom Floyd”

1. By Calum on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for all your hard work Malcolm! Loving your play at the moment. Let’s keep it going and bring ‘It’ home!

2. By Jake T on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Keep up the hard work Malcolm! We love having you as a Charger, you make us proud!

3. By Alex on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Great job over the years! I’ll be right behind the bench for the Bucc’s game (probably the only chargers fan in florida lol ) I expect a few dunks, showing Vincent Jackson how its done ;)

4. By Doug on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

So glad you’re a part of this team M80. Thanks for everything you do. Keep up all the hard work and get that W against Atlanta on Sunday.

5. By Ron on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

You are a great example of what we all can be. A caring father, hard worker, great son. We are so proud to have you in Americas Finest City. thank YOU for all you do!

6. By binh on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Hi Malcom,

I think Phillips should look for you on every down…..I look at replays and you are almost always open…even when you are covered if that makes sense…..I think you are the most open when you run a post or on side line…no DB can keep up with you….I think if you line up in the slot, you will be double dangerous because you make circus catches and quick slant catches as well…..I wish we have 2 of you on the team….oh wait, maybe we do….the other guy is Gate…..I can’t wait until our game with Tampa Bay this year at their house……you against Vincent Jackson…..I think you are the better receiver all around….because you can also block…I put my money on you in Las Vegas any day…..

keep up the good work….

7. By Boltbaby on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

You’ve always been one of my favorite Chargers, you just keep getting better all the time. It’s easy to see why Rivers trusts you so much! 2012 is going to be a great year for you, and hopefully the team will go all the way.

Now THAT would be Super Special!

8. By Paulpie on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Hey Malcolm,

Thank you for setting such a rare and fine example for kids to follow.

You are a gift to this town and this team!

Stay Stoked!

God Bless!

And goooooooooChargers!

9. By Steven Hedgecock on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

M80 baby!! All day Malcom you da best!

10. By chrysler354 on Sep 20, 2012 | Reply

Keep it up M80

Gotta get you to sign my #80 jersey!

11. By Peter on Sep 21, 2012 | Reply

Malcom,

Congrats on your Mothers achievement! You were my first draft choice on my Fantasy Team for wide receivers. Good Luck on Sunday. Liked your blog. Go Chargers.

12. By Ricky on Sep 21, 2012 | Reply

M80 you have been my favorite player on this team since I began following around 2006. Your heart, along with PR and Gates, is unmatched around this league, as well as your talents.

I wish you the greatest of seasons and the happiest of careers!

I’ve always thought you were a #1 WR, or performed like one atleast.

13. By George Waters on Sep 21, 2012 | Reply

Malcom, its obvious your mom brought you up right, its nice to see the example your setting for your self and the many young fans that want to be like you.

14. By jack on Sep 21, 2012 | Reply

Great job Malcom, you have the best hands of all our receivers. I hope you stay healthy and have a great year, God bless!

15. By Morgan Harpenau on Sep 21, 2012 | Reply

Malcom my girl love you the most out of all the players in the NFL and on the chargers! she hopes you can make every play everytime! she probably wouldnt be a charger fan if it wasnt for you and you would die to have your jersey!! I personally love how you play the game!!! hope you can stay healthy this whole season and AJ can give you a big contract! your a great person and hope your a charger for the rest of your career!!! THKS MALCOM!!! GO CHARGERS BRING HOME THE SUPER BOWL TO SD!!!

16. By David on Sep 21, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for the blog!! Good luck against Atlanta! (My son told me to play you on my fantasy team this Sunday . . .he’s three!)

I hope Rivers throws you a couple of jump-ball TDs Sunday! I wanna see your dunks on ESPN!

You’re a throwback to the old-time Air Coryell receivers!!!

17. By lee cuchine on Sep 21, 2012 | Reply

Hey Malcom, Thanks for letting us get to know you a little instead of just watching you making plays. We have followed you since you became a charger and always thought of you as a threat to other teams. Thanks for all your hard work and commitment to the team. Good luck.

18. By tremaine hackney on Sep 21, 2012 | Reply

you da man…I aiways make sure that you r on my fantasy team,..keep up the good work 4 us

19. By Guillermo on Sep 22, 2012 | Reply

Vincent Jackson wears Malcolm Floyd pajamas

20. By tom de on Sep 22, 2012 | Reply

Malcom is the definition of a team guy/// I hope this guy gets into the Charger Hall of Fame….Malcom defines the term TEAM player and he is a very good and always underrated PLAYER.
    I love this guy not ONLY loves his team but also his SAN DIEGO.

21. By doug cruit on Sep 22, 2012 | Reply

Malcom, it is graet to know you and i have been following the Chargers since 1964 when i took in my first professial football in SD. So i have seen some good receivers since my time but i put you in the class with bamba, keep up the good work and make san diego proud of you and if possible can u try and bring home the SB for us. I am now in FLorida but I keep up with you all on my computer and on sunday’s on TVDirect so i can watch the game.. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Chargersssssssssssssssss

22. By jordan on Sep 22, 2012 | Reply

Good form Floyd : )

23. By AB on Sep 22, 2012 | Reply

I am a big fan Malcolm! Born in Wyoming, lived in PB as a kid, and graduated from the University of Wyoming! You have a great story and we are all proud of you in Wyoming. You were a great UW Cowboy and are a great Charger! Keep up the great work!

24. By montes on Sep 23, 2012 | Reply

Thats right M floyd we have seen you grow within the years and can really tell that you have been working hard even on the practice field, keep that up and you will be one of the elite receivers in the league

25. By Eileen on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Hey Malcolm! You are one of my favorite receivers. I am glad you love SD and I know you Chargers work hard together. I always go to the Charger Blood drives in November just to see you. Keep up the good work! You make us Charger fans proud!

26. By PAUL on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

SIT OUT 24 PLEASE HE CANNOT HOLD ON TO THE BALL HOW BLIND ARE THEESE COACHES.BATTLE AND BRINKLEY GOT IT MAN .KEEP RYAN OUT. FIRST ROUND RYANS ARE A BUST .LEAF,MATTHEWS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!