• Sun., Aug. 24, 2014 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

• Sun., Aug. 24, 2014 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM PDT Chargers @ 49ers The Chargers face off against the 49ers at Levi's Stadium.
  • Sun., Aug. 24, 2014 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM PDT Post-Game Show

• Thu., Aug. 28, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

• Thu., Aug. 28, 2014 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM PDT Cardinals @ Chargers The Chargers head back home to take on the Cardinals.
  • Thu., Aug. 28, 2014 10:00 PM - 11:30 PM PDT Post-Game Show

• Wed., Sep. 03, 2014 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM PDT Charger Girls Swimsuit Unveiling Party

Join the Charger Girls for their annual calendar reveal party on Sept. 3, 2014.

• Mon., Sep. 08, 2014 5:20 PM - 7:20 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff The official San Diego Chargers pre-game show.
  • Mon., Sep. 08, 2014 7:20 PM - 10:20 PM PDT Chargers @ Cardinals The Chargers face off against the Cardinals again in their first regular season game.
  • Mon., Sep. 08, 2014 10:20 PM - 11:50 PM PDT Post-Game Show The official San Diego Chargers post-game show with exclusive interviews with Mike McCoy, Chargers players, phone calls and comments breaking down the game.

Guest Blog: Philip Rivers

Posted by Ricky Henne on October 4, 2012 – 9:38 AM

The following was written and submitted by Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers.

So we’re 3-1 right now, and that’s good, but we aren’t satisfied with where we are.  We’re putting in a lot of work to keep getting better. We need to keep improving to accomplish what we want to accomplish.  If we can keep improving, we’ll get better and rack up some wins along the way.  But the challenges get tougher including this week against a really good New Orleans team.

When I’m away from the field, I can usually be found with my wife and kids playing in the yard, playing ball, swimming or going to the park.  I am at the facility a lot, but when I’m not with the team that’s where you can usually find me.

I met my wife all the way back in middle school. I was in eighth grade, and I knew pretty quick I’d end up with her. Now we have six kids together.  The three oldest are all girls, and they are 10, seven and six. Then I have a son that’s four, and another daughter that’s two, and then the youngest little boy actually turned one yesterday.  The four oldest kids are starting to get into football, so that’s been a lot of fun.  My son’s really into it.  They are at a point now where they understand the game enough where they know what an interception or a touchdown is. They know how to keep score and that kind of stuff, so we have a good time watching the games on Sunday and Monday nights. It’s funny because they ask me during the games who I’m pulling for, so they find out real quick who to root for and who not to.  They are starting to understand not to root for the Broncos, Chiefs or Raiders. It’s also exciting that they’re really starting to enjoy coming to the games at home too.

Here are some photos from earlier this year of me and the family after practice.

On the rare occasion my wife and I will get some time to ourselves and leave the kids with a babysitter, we’ll go to the movies or head to dinner.  We’re really simple people.  Both of us are homebodies, so we like home dates.  When the kids are all tucked in we’ll watch a game that’s recorded or just sit and chat.  She’s so busy all day with the family and I’m busy here with the team that it’s nice to get that time to talk and catch up on each other’s day.

I’m really happy with the life I have here in San Diego.  The easy answer as to why the city is great is the weather, but there are some parts of the seasons that I miss.  You don’t get as much rain or those cool nights that are kind of enjoyable that you are kind of used to in other parts of the country.  But what I think I enjoy the most is how close you are to the beach and the mountains.  You can drive an hour east and be in the mountains and drive 10 miles west and be at the ocean, so it’s pretty diverse when you think of the proximity to so many places.

This is a really tight knit group of guys we have on our team. I spend a lot of time with Charlie Whitehurst since we have all our meetings together.  And Nick Hardwick, Antonio Gates and Malcom Floyd, we’ve all been around for so long together that I kind of gravitate toward them a lot of times.  But as a group we all get along so well and that speaks volumes about who we are as a team.

I also need to talk about Coach Turner because he’s a great guy.  We have a unique relationship because it’s not often that the head coach is also the play caller.  And the play caller and quarterback really have to be on the same page to be successful.  You need to be able to communicate, and he and I have a lot in common.  Our passion for the game and the way we think about offense in general really mesh, and I’m happy to have had the opportunity to play for him because he’s a great coach and what he’s done for this league speaks for itself.

Well that about does it. Thanks for reading this entry.  It really helps as a quarterback to know I have your support, so keep pulling for us.  It impacts the team when Qualcomm is cranked up and loud, and you can feel the excitement across this entire city.  Over the past eight or nine years that I’ve been here, you’ve been a big part in making this whole thing a success, and you’ll continue to be a big part of it.

Philip

130 Responses to “Guest Blog: Philip Rivers”

1. By Jeremy on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Rivers, you are awesome. Im so glad you are our QB and you represent SD in the best possible way. Your fire and strength gives us a big chance to win every single week and makes me proud to wear your jersey around town. You’ve even helped my family personally with your Rivers of hope foundation, my Girlfriend was a beneficiary of it. So keep doing what your doing. And ill keep screaming from my couch! Go #17 and Go Chajaasss!!

2. By Doug on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

We love having you here Philip. I really appreciate all of the things you do for the community and through Rivers of Hope. I was born and raised in San Diego but live in Seattle now. I’m proud to wear your jersey up here and have had the chance to see the tw games you’ve played up here. I can’t wait to come down next week for the game against Denver.

3. By Bruce McLaughlin on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

So glad you’re our QB Philip!! Looking forward to your first SB Championship this year!

4. By len on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

i liked you rivers till i found out you had six kids…six too many!!!!!

5. By Joel on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Great to hear from ya Philip. Know that you have my support here in Colorado Springs, Deep in enemy territory! Keep up the great work!

6. By klayandcass on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip,

My husband, Klay, who is currently in the Air Force Reserve (but served active for 4 years), is the biggest Chargers fan! We’ve been dying to go to game (him especially) since I met him in 10th grade.

We are so excited cause we will finally be seeing you in New Orleans (we live in Texas now), and we will be going to our first ever Chargers game to watch you and the team defeat the Saints in person! My dad surprised him with tickets for helping out my mom while he was away helping restore people’s homes in NO after the most recent hurricane.

Klay’s reaction: “I was doing backflips off the truck when I found out.” and “Where are we sitting, well it doesn’t really matter, we could be on the roof for all I care.”

He’s just so excited!

When we left Alaska (where we were stationed for 4 years), we drove down the west coast and had to get all the way in SD. We made it (of course it was April 2011), and we went to visit Qualcomm. We can’t wait for the day to get to see you guys there!

Good luck!
    Cassidy White
    Forney, Tx

7. By KennyG on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

You are the man Phillip! Moved here from North Carolina 7 years ago and
    loved watching you at N.C. State! Wish I had a Rivers N C State jersey…lol I love what you do on and off the field! I have 5 kids myself and know what you mean about home nights! I think you guys have what it takes this year to go all the way! I never hear anything bad going on in the locker room either like you hear about on other teams… I think it’s awesome! Kill it this week and keep loving that family! GO BIGBADBOLTS!

8. By Deserae on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Such a positive attitude! Been a Chargers fan since I was a little girl and am excited to see such a good group of guys on the field. But it’s even better to know you’re all great guys OFF the field because that is what really matters! God bless you and your family!

9. By Diandra on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

I am glad that the Chargers have such a quality QB, both on the field and off. After seeing Jay Cutler’s crybaby antics over the past few years, it’s easy to see why this city loves its QB so much. That being said, and with all respect to Drew Brees and the Saints, I hope you put their secondary to shame on Sunday night.

-Diandra

10. By JoshS on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

“They now know not to cheer for the Bronco’s, Raiders, or Chiefs” haha i love it. Best QB on and off the field that i’ve ever known to wear a bolts uniform. Keep it up Philip and that ring will find its way to you.

11. By Shant on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Keep up the great work fellas! We appreciate the hard work and dedication, hopefully we can bring San Diego a Championship! I feel this team may not be as talented as the 12-4 team, but there is much more heart and pride involved. We are all a bit older now, a little sorer, but our thirst and hunger for a championship are that much more. Let’s get it done! This is our year, it’s our turn, we aren’t just another expansion team, we are the San Diego Super Chargers!

Shant

#Boltup

12. By Mick on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip Rivers I meet you couple months and your a Great Player and Person.I can tell you Appreciate everything you have Thanks to your Abilities and I respect that.But We know your bringing us our first Super Bowl this year and many more after too.But I know business is business but please be a Charger forever.Go San Diego Super Chargers.

13. By Vickie LaToure on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Phillip Thank you for sharing a bit of your family with us. Girls you have a lot of wedding in your future my man….Be ready Also You are one HELL of a quarterback and our San Diego Chargers Quarterback We need YOU to take us to the BIG Show. I have been a TRUE Chargers Fan for some time you see both my Father and Brother were Football stars in there own right My father played for Our High School SWEETWATER back in 1959,1958,1957 and my older Brother whom has passed and was the Biggest and BEST Chargers Fan from way back he could tell you about any player that has played the game or any Sports for that matter he was a walking Almanac……He played for Pop Warner and then High school but got kicked out of school…..But I became a Sports nut in 1976 and the rest is my HISTORY I so love the game we call FOOTBALL and the CHARGERS bad or good I’m that true FAN and always will be so have a GREAT Season and I will be watching YOU from my satillite in GLENDALE ARIZONA…..we have relocated and no game with Arizona when I first moved here 2 years ago you came here and played a preseason game with the Cardinals and YES I was there proudly wearing my San Diego Division Shirt we have awesome picture from that game and YES YOU know we kicked there butt!!!!!! So one day I will see it live again maybe in the play-offs who knows Thanks again for sharing your personal Life with us…..GO #17 Phillip Rivers

14. By Casey on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

There is a reason that I have a white, powder blue and navy blue Rivers jersey. Philip is the man. Wouldn’t want any other QB to be at the helm in San Diego.

15. By Michael on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Hi Phillip,so happy your our QB,and have always been proud of your competiveness.Big game Sunday night GO BOLTZ

Big Fan,Mike

16. By Jayna McDonald on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Wolfpack nation loves rooting for you! It’s your time! We don’t get to see many games in NC and looking forward to seeing the Chargers play this weekend

17. By akacia on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

It’s obvious, what we see on the field.
    Great guys playing awesome cause they get along great.
    Don’t lose focus

Btw my husband and I like to have our own dates by going out and watching the chargers game at a local bar orr restaurant.

18. By romario on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

I’m from Brazil, I’m a big fan of yours, for me, you are the best quarterback in the NFL.

19. By H. L. Peterson on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

I have been a Chargers fan since I have been 7 years old, living and growing up only about 90 miles North of Pittsburgh, Pa., I am 41 now … and yes, i take a lot of flack from all Steelers fans, etc. and I laugh … I already have tickets for the game in Pittsburgh and taking my 13 year old son (who is a Steeler fan) to his first game to see the Steelers (of course I will be in my Blue and Gold) … I have never missed a game when SD played the Steelers since I was 7, and won’t miss this one … so far I am proud of this team and YOUR NEVER give up attitude, as with the rest of the team … keep it up … from a Chargers fan forever from Western PA …

20. By Nate Turner on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip – you have definitely been blessed by God. Praise to Him for your heart that is His and your willingness to share it.

Peace.

Go Bolts!

21. By Irishcalifornian on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

This is your year Phillip!
    Keep it up, believe in yourself , and then we’ll see you in New Orleans in January.
    When San Diegans say what a beautiful day it is, they will be talking about the Chargers and not the weather.

Cheers to a great football team!

22. By Bianca Plaza on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Family <3 you are amazing!

23. By Klint from TX on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Hey Phil you’re AWESOME!!!!!! Best of Your Draft Class! Sucks You’re the last one to get your ring But We save the Best for Last. I love the chargers all the way from Houston TX! Heres Some nick names I call you, when your kicking butt
    17 Machine
    Big Deal Phil
    oh and when you throw a pick I say Whats the Deal Phil lol
    GO BOLTS!
    13-3 This Year!!!!

24. By Tom Wasz on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Phillip:

Seeing you take the field on game day is always exciting! I have been a Chargers fan from the day I was born in Scripps hospital in ’84. Watching the enthusiasm you bring to the team during each game is awesome. You are a respectful player that knows how to get under the skin of an opponenet.

Keep leading the team and getting better during practice! BOLT UP

-Tom Waszczak

25. By Patrick McIntyre on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Phillip,
    I have been a chargers fan since I was 5 years old. It has made for a roller coaster 37 years. Johnny U and Dan Fouts were Gods to me. Some of my favorite moments in life were meeting them, Stan Humphries, Fluteman and a couple other Charger QB’s that hold high places in my heart as a fan. Since you came into the league, you have done a lot for the team and I mark myself proud of you as a leader, community member and the ultimate competitor. I am not often moved to make statement for anything, but as a life long fan of this club I must compliment your character and commitment to the team I love.
    PMac

26. By JD on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Great read, and as always, you and the rest of the team will have the support of my wife and myself, from all the way on the other side of the country (FL)… And I will actually make my first attendance at a live NFL game on November, when when you guys come visit the Buccaneers in Tampa, and will be rooting like crazy regardless if I’m the only one in the stadium to doing so! lol… So excited to see you guys live! Love me some SD Charger football, hope you guys can keep improving on that good record while staying healthy this year! We taking the division back this year! GO BOLTS!

27. By Gloria Spelber on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

It is great seeing such a nice, young man, on and off the field. My husband and I just recently retired as Principals, and have seen many examples of what constitutes great citizens. You are a wonderful example to all the young men and women who strive to be successful in their chosen fields. I enjoy your passion and dedication to the game and your devotion to your family. What you have done for San Diego and the game of football is very admirable but your job as father and husband is even something more to be admired. Thank you for what you do!

28. By Amanda on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Thank you SO much for sharing this blog; for being a positive role model, and for being an amazing QB! You and the team provide something fun that me and my fiance can share every week when we watch you play and shout at the TV together. Keep doing exactly what you’ve been doing! Prayers for you, your family and the team! :-)

29. By Dare on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

You might want to include Meachum a little more in your meetings and when “hanging out” with Gatesy, Hardwick, Malcolm and Whitehurst. We know he’s a little younger than you but, the team and fans would really appreciate you two getting on the same page as soon as possible. Other than that… you’re doing great. Thanks for wrtiing!

30. By sean anderson on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

San Diego Chargers are the best team in the NFL not because of how they play don’t get me wrong they are a great on the field but it is also how they interact with each other and the community SAN DIEGO CHARGERS FAN FOR LIFE

31. By Stacey on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Go bolts! I live in Austin, TX and every week we gather chargers fans to watch the games, so we hope y’all feel the support from over here!!

32. By Helper on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Keep rocking it, Philip!

Hey, question: when you’re out and about around town, do people come up and say hi often? And when they do, is it fun to have a chat or kinda annoying because you’re just trying to run errands or be on a date night?

33. By Gregory Castro on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip, I just read your guest blog and really enjoyed the story. Your a very good writer and a great football player. I have been a diehard Charger fan since 1979. I can remember driving to Jack Murphy Stadium to see Dan Fouts, Kellen Winslow, Charlie Joiner, Chuck Muncie, and Coach Coryell.
    Time has past so quickly. I did go to Super Bowl 29 in Miami, when the Chargers got kicked around by the 49er’s. I got to see Dion and Steve Young laugh at us. Yet, I still have faith in our team. I know you and Antonio, Nick, Malcom can get us back to the big dance, maybe this season. You have started out great with so much momentum. Maybe you will get a chance to play the Falcons again in the Super Bowl.
    Thanks again for being who you are. A great father,husband and leader of a great organization, my CHARGERS!!! Go Bolts!! Fight hard in New Orleans once again. Victory is sweet…

34. By Mie on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Great article from an outstanding QB. I have long been a Charger fan, since the days of Air Coryell As a little girl , I remember watching the double OT Miami game and also the heartbreaking Freezer Bowl game. I truly believe that Rivers is one of the best quarterbacks our Chargers have had. I’m always rooting for the Bolts, even all the way up here in the Pacific NW. I vividly recall screaming like a banshee when the rest of Qwest Field (now the CLINK) was stunned into silence when Rivers threw the game-winning TD to VJ! It made my Christmas Eve even more joyous! It was also great to have some insight of Rivers’ personal life. What an upstanding family man that many people can admire! Good luck and God bless!

35. By Joe Dreadz on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Yeeee!! Keep it lit my dude. Been chargers since natron means and Alfred popunu. 100% Tongan and 100% Chargerz… Letz get it blood!!!

36. By Sergio on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip you deserve a Super Bowl ring. Hope you get it this season. I’m happy that you are our QB.

37. By TLMS on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Was privileged to see you and the team in action this past weekend here in KC! So happy to be a Chargers fan and watch the way you all shut down the crowd at Arrowhead. Keep up the good work! It’s very honorable that you are so dedicated to your family and your craft. I can only imagine what an incredibly hard balance that is to maintain. Many blessings to you, your family and the team!

Go Chargers!!!

38. By Deirdre Farrelly on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

I Really Like Rivers and I am one big Fan of his,I have his Jersey and wear it with pride,I come to home games with my Dad,Brother,nephew,and I Love every game I also like Gates,Floyd,Spikes,On Birthday my brother got me spikes jersey and I wear it with pride as well.I have Gates,LT,Mathews, I got day after we draft him.I have faith in Rivers and the Chargers too I will stay a fan for life,the Chargers are the Best in ,mind today so I say chargers will win on Sunday ur chargers Fan

39. By Blake Leifer on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

I’ve been a Charger fan my entire life growing up in San Diego. Phillip, you’re a class act and an amazing football player. I believe in the Chargers and it’s great to know that there is a great leader taking the snaps. Go Bolts!!!

40. By Susan on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Great story!!! Like hearing about the home life!

41. By Debra Davenport on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Love this, Philip. I’m so proud of you! You know I am not a big football fan , but I am your fan and I am just so proud of you and Tiffany and your children are so beautiful!

42. By Diego Flores on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Phillip, this really inspired me. Wish i could meet you one day!
    C H A R G E R S.

43. By Johnny on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

CHARGE!!!!!

44. By Isaiah on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

We were spoiled with LT and now even more with Philly Riv, because I believe he’s gonna get it done for us! We need the Trophy for so many reasons (New Stadium, Seau’s passing, LT retiring a Bolt, to name a few)! No more blacked out games! We gotta create a HOSTILE environment at the Q to help give an extra push when our boys need it! I’m a 24 yr old husband and the proud father of the biggest little Chargers fan (his favorite player is #17!). Also a first year season ticket holder! Glad to see so many cheerful and optimistic fellow Bolts fans because i too, believe this is our year! This Sunday night’s win will NOT be our last Sunday win in New Orleans! SB XLVII! BOLT UP! SEE YOU AT THE Q!

PS: Philip, thanks for the great read, for being the main reason we have a chance to win any game, and for being so involved in our little corner of the country aka America’s Finest City!.

KEEP THE BOLTS IN SD!

45. By Robert Vargas on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

I’m glad you areI our quarterback keep up the good work thank you
    GO CHARGERS

46. By Jeannie on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Loved reading about your family! Been a Charger fan from Air Coryeil days……………..win or lose I lOVE MY CHARGERS! Finances permitting I try to make it out to at least 2 games per year. It’s worth the hour and half drive to get my Bolts groove on. You are an inspiration not only on the field but as a husband and daddy. Keep up the good work Phillip :)

47. By J Allen on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Phillip,

Thanks for taking the time to write the blog. My wife and I don’t have kids yet, but we got a big laugh about your kids not cheering for the division rivals. We feel the same way since we grew up in San Diego.

Thanks for being a good role model for young people. Col 3:1-4

Peace and love.

JA

48. By Gregory Castro on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Gotta make another quickie comment. Mr. Dean Spanos I’m sure you know by now a brand new stadium has been approved to be built next to the Staples center. The news is LA wants two NFL teams to make it their home. What do you think about that??
    Could you bring the Chargers back to Los Angeles where they started?Just a thought…

49. By Cynthia Cooke on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for the Blog. You seem like such a great family. I have a 4yr old boy who is really getting into the games now. He asks us the same thing about who we are rooting for. We have season tix & this is the 1st year that we have to choose which child to take, we have 2, neither want to miss the game, so we buy a ticket in family section & my son sits on my lap. Thanks for sharing about your personal life. I know all about your public life and it’s nice to know the other side of you! Keep up the hard work. Goooooooo Bolts!!!!!!!!

50. By Katie on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Thanks Phil for taking the time out to write that blog! I was born and raised in San Diego and brought up a charger fan. We have been lucky in the past to have very respectable quarterbacks who are fantastic for the community, and you are no exception to this trend. In SD we have our share of fair weather fans…but be assured that all of us die hard fans believe in you, appreciate you, respect you, and root for you both on the field and in life. Aside from being an amazing quarterback and scoring me lots of fantasy points week after week…I have to say I probably love you the most for the sheer tenacity with which you play. Your competitve, firey, passionate nature is so fun to watch and I am so thankful you are our quarterback and the teams fearless leader. You are such an example to your teammates, fans, young athletes and undoubtedly your children as well…thank you for all you do, the sacrifices you have made, and for staying faithful to the Charger blue and gold!

51. By Izzy on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

U rock!! I luv that ur family values are a priority and also that u happen to be a super quarterback …thank u :):):)

52. By Mark Alan Smith on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Greetings from Raleigh, N.C. I’ve been pulling hard for the Chargers and have had much to cheer about. We came out for a game 2 years ago when You beat Denver by 3 touchdowns. It was a great trip and we discovered how beautiful the area is. You’ve been the pride and joy of every Wolfpack fan since your freshmen season at N.C. State. Good luck this season and know there’s lots of love coming your way every game from the Raleigh area. Go Bolts and Go Wolfpack!!!

53. By Tina Geis on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

I have been a Charger fan since I was five years old, my Dad started me early!:) This team means so much to me and is very close to my heart! I lost my Dad and sister way too early, we all loved going to the games always so much fun! Now that I’m married I turned my husband into a Charger fan so now I can carry on the tradition w him!:) I will always root for my Chargers no matter what.. Would love to win a Superbowl of course! Anyways just felt like sharing this!!
    GO CHARGERS!!!!!

54. By Isaias on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Phillip we couldn’t have asked for a better QB, you rock! God bless you and your family.

55. By Lauren Livecchi on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

we love and miss you guys, Philip, and keep your safety and success in our prayers always! we are so proud of you! Go Pack!!

56. By Andrea on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

I have your support Phillip! I always make sure to watch your guys’ games while studying up in Santa Cruz and I hope you guys do amazing in New Orleans :)

57. By Art on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Keep up the great work Phillip, me and wife are season holder ticket for the last 9 years, good luck this coming Sunday. go Bolts…

58. By Al on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Keep kicking tail! I have been a fan of yours since you were at State. I have been a Charger Fan since Fouts and Winslow so Rivers to Gates is a such a treat. Play hard and have no regrets!

59. By Lam Dinh on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip,

You should do the blog more often. I moved to Denver the year you became a Chargers in 2004. Loving it every time the Chargers play here in Denver. I went to the game every time you and the team came to town. This is the first year my son (5) and my daughter (7) will attend the game in Nov 18. It should be fun.

Similar to your kids, my two kids understand that “Daddy is not happy when the Chargers loss”, never ever ever cheer for Broncos (although all their friends are Broncos maniac); the Chiefs or Raiders no matter what!!!!

Living here in Broncos country, nothing more delight me than the date after Chargers won against Broncos, turn on the radio… oh boys, happy time!!!!!

Remember Philip – “Lead us to the promise land”!!!!

Behind the enemy line,
    Lam

60. By Eric on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

What a class act, Phil. Every NFL quarterback is in a difficult spotlight… whether winning or losing you are on display for all to see. Words and actions will impact many who love the sport. I have loved watching the Bolts win, and mourned (ok, maybe mourned is a bit too strong) the losses. But every thing I have ever heard or read about you is that you fill the leadership role with the best of them. Always lifting up those around you when the team does well, and always carrying the lion’s share of the blame when you don’t, and showing unwavering support for your coaching staff through it all.

With so few legitimate role models for kids (and adults), you’re as real as they come. Keep it up and best of luck on Sunday, I’ll be glued to the TV rotting you guys on!

61. By Charlie on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip I have always found you so inspiring in my own football career! keep up the good work, this will serve you well some day :).

62. By Eric on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

It is great to hear from our super star in San Diego.
    Phillip, you are the definition of pure class in my book! I love how close you are to your family at home and how close you are to your family on the field. I feel like I can relate, I too have always been a home body, my family has always supported me through the good and the bad. Also at my job we are a very close knit group, I am a manager for a Mobile Laser Tag company and I feel like we all depend on each and work so well with each other. We too are doing great but always looking to get better at what we do!!!

Good luck this season Rivers! We are rooting for you!

Eric Christianson
    Equinox Laser Tag

63. By Sandra on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Phillip,
    Thanks for the great blog. Apparently, you have been blessed with extreme talent and energy (6 kids!). I have been a Charger fan since 1981 and still follow them weekly (I live in Seahawks territory). All the best to you and the team this year! Best of luck this week.

64. By becky on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

I have been a Chargers fan for years. Thank you for writing something that felt personal. I don’t get a chance to see very many games since I now live in Jacksonville. I did see you in play last year when you played here. I have also met you a couple of times at the blood drive. Thank you for staying real.

65. By becky on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Thank you for something that felt personal. A chargers fan in Jacksonville.

66. By miguel angel ponce on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

i’m charger fan for life have only 2 kids, my son kellen just turn 7, and i’m very proud of our quarterback, he’s a great guy, great father, and also can play football, i live in culiacan mexico, been only to 3 games i wish my son could meet this great guy congrats

67. By Roy Dunn on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip,
    I am Australian, and lived in NC while you were at NC State. I was introduced to the game watching you play, and even to my uninitiated eyes, it was clear you were 1) Special (beyond being quarterback) in much the same way that anyone watching Michael Jordan could see he was special, regardless of knowing anything about basketball. 2) involved in an amazing chemistry with J-Co – it was like a sixth sense, but almost painfully obvious. I saw the two of you in your last game together – it is a fantastic memory.
    I didn’t follow an NFL team, but when you joined the Chargers, they became mine, and they have been ever since. You assume blame and deflect praise, just like all good leaders, and your passion and enthusiasm is infectious. I now live just north of LA and look forward to coming down to San Diego this season to see you play, and apply your very considerable talent. That you are such a figurehead in the community as well is not at all surprising. You are a fine young man. Bravo, sir!
    With thanks,
    Roy Dunn (51!)

68. By George Silva on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip, just wanted to let you know i think it’s a wonderful and special thing that you and your wife have been doing with the Rivers of Hope Foundation, me and my family were there this year and i was even a runner in the event, it was very special and was proud to be a part of it. I am a big charger fan from Modesto Ca. and am very excited about this year. Great article and God Bless to you and your family.
    Thanks ,
    George

69. By ceci on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

el mejor QB !!!! saludos desde mexico :)

70. By Kim on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip,
    I am so proud of you and follow you even though you are in California. My family loved it when you were at NC State and you are the reason my girls love and understand football. We love cheering for you and the Chargers just like we did when you were at State! Keep up the good work and we would love to see you win the Super Bowl this year.
    NC State Alum,
    Kim

71. By Barbie on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Thank you for sharing a bit about your life. We are big Charger fans in this house! My husband is a native of San Diego so I married into this team. :) We are rooting for you every week here in Indy!! Go Chargers!!

72. By Sheila on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Stay humble!!! You are an AWESOME QB and I love watching you guys play. Win or lose I love my San Diego Chargers!!! GO BOLTS!!!

Charger Fan for life–from Virginia Beach, VA

73. By Evelyn Jarrard on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Hey Rivers i am a big fan of yours i am on my school football team it is ghetto because it is flag but on the other hand i am on defence and i look up to all of you Chargers player wishing one day i could be the first girl to play pro football
    your # 1 fan
    Evelyn Jarrard

74. By LBCate on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

GO BOLTS!!!! Really enjoyed reading about your family, it’s nice to hear you are a humble homebody and the pictures are heartwarming!! Thanks for sharing, it’s easy to forget there are regular family guys under all that armor LOL Can’t wait for Sunday’s game…let’s beat those Saints!!! Hope you get lots of rest Saturday night :-)

75. By Sarah on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip Rivers you are a great QB and I love the chargers and I love how you keep it real and how you care for your family. I’m always there cheering the bolts on!! Now make some thunder over there in New Orleans this weekend!

76. By Amy Phan on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Omg I love you Philip!! I hella enjoyed repping #17 and the Chargers right in enemy territory, OAKLAND. Now that I moved back to San Diego, I really really really want to get my hands on some tickets to come out and support you and the team. It’s cute that you’re blogging hehe. Much love. :-)

77. By Dana edwards on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Wow six kids your wife has got her hands full, however it appears to that she has got a real man a great husband and a wonderful daddy. Which says she must be a wonderful wife as well as woman. Keep living the life you love. Many wish to be so happy. Thank you for the inspiring blog, it made me feel good about life. GO CHARGERS one day I will hopefully get to watch a home game from the stadium. UNTIL THEN THERE’S THE TV!!!

78. By alex bolt on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Rivers, you are the best QB , go chargers from chihuahua mexico.

79. By Bob Baier on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip, I live in Paso Robles Ca. so I don’t get to go to the games in S.D. I grew up in so cal and have alwaws been a Chargers fan. I Have Sunday Ticket so I dont miss any games. I have friends that are Charger fans and we all meet here on game day to watch our Chargers. This team reminds me of the old Dan Fouts teams. I have a good feeling about this year. I think you, Norv Turner and the Chargers can go all the way. The Chargers are by far the most exciting team to watch. I’m too a family man that married my high school sweetheart 27 years ago and still counting. Loved reading your blog. Stay cool stay calm kick some ass and,
    GO GET THOSE SAINTS !!!

80. By Gavin Taylor on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Hi Philip Rivers,
    My name is Gavin I am 10 years old and I am one of your biggest fans. I think you have a nice family and I really hope to see you and the rest of the team at the Super Bowl! Best of luck!!!!!
    Your friend,
    Gavin

81. By Kay Johnson on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Just love your attitude! Very inspirational! You never let your emotions rule you! Very impressive athlete and BEST quarterback!!!

82. By Tom Collimore on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

What a pleasure reading about a wonderful young man and his family. You show your love for them every time you talk about them, It’s great. I am the father of 7 and admire you for being the father you are (we adopted 3). I know you go to church (one of my son’s went to the school there).
    Oh, and you are a great quarterback as well.
    live well and long. Love to your family.
    Valley Center fan.

83. By Renda Beard on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Just LOVE watching our favorite player and our favorite team every Sunday! Our girls absolutely LOVE you! Vanessa 20, Hannah 18 and Kylah our 2 year old who yells “GO PHILLIP”

SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME

84. By Jason Magers on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Man that was awesome Phillip. I’m sure I can speak for everyone on this post that taking the time to share a bit about yourself means more to us than you could ever know. You play with an indescribable youthfulness and passion that every Charger fan can relate to. It’s almost as though you were like one of us, just another die hard Charger fan who happened to win a contest that allowed you to play quarterback in an NFL game. My kids can even sense it. Stay healthy brother and I’m certain ill be throwing the biggest Charger Super Bowl party in February!

85. By Kevin on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip, what a great blog entry! Just another example of why you are such a great person. As a fellow Wolfpacker, you have been my favorite athlete ever since your days at N.C. State. If there were more people like you, not only athletics, but the world would be such a better place. Best of luck to you and the Bolts this season. I know it won’t be long until you get that Super Bowl ring! Best Wishes from N.C.

86. By John Anthony Silva on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

You have really come into your own as a player and family man. Thanks for sharing and keep believing cause we all will never stop believing in you! God Bless you and your family!!

87. By Ken on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip, are you a believer?
    Thanks.
    Ken

88. By Ayumi on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Hi Philip
    Thank you so much for sharing your story.
    I’m so glad to know what kind person you are and that’s what I imagined before I read this.
    I was at training camp and watched you were playing with your kids this year. That was precious moment for me as your fan.
    Please keep winning with Chargers, and my another dream is going to see you play Super Bowl.
    Go Bolts!
    Go PR17!

89. By Carmen Gutierrez on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Philip I think your great. Thanks for sharing photos of your family. Me and my family are Charger fans. It’s always family fun watching you.Wish you and the rest of the Changers a great season. Go Chargers, Go!! (In Arnold’s Zwartsneggers voice)

Carmen, Oceanside Ca

90. By binh on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

Phillip, I have one word for you “You-Da-Man”!
    you will get to the super bowl and get your ring this year….I can feel it.
    we have a great defense this year.

Please do me a favor and just let it go “bombs away” to Floyd and the other receivers….just let it go….
    I think when you are thinking too much, you throw too many picks….just let it go and good things will happen.

One more thing I noticed in your games….you rarely look to the far left when you are looking around for open receivers….there always seem to be an open receiver to your left….NO, NOT THAT RECEIVER who is a DEFENSIVE END for the other team :)

good luck, you are going to be in the hall of fame for sure….

91. By Ethan Cleveland on Oct 4, 2012 | Reply

This family bleeds chargers! And I love that you took the time to write about ur family! My wife and I have 4 kids and your life sounds very familiar to us as a military family. My kids also know what teams we are not fans of! I don’t usually write on things like this, but I just wanted to let you and the team know there are true SD fans out there, and we are always behind you!

92. By wulfranoruizsainzcam on Oct 5, 2012 | Reply

The way you guys played against KC was out of this world. You keep on playing like that and finally the Chargers are World Champions.

93. By michele on Oct 5, 2012 | Reply

We watched you play since your days at NC STATE (GO WOLFPACK). You are a class act and a great player. Wishing you and the Chargers a great season!

94. By Sue H on Oct 5, 2012 | Reply

WIN or LOSE…Philip and the boys, The San Diego CHARGERS, will always be #1!

95. By Abbe L. on Oct 5, 2012 | Reply

Philip,
    Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to the team. Your love and passion for the game and for your family are obvious. We look forward to seeing your infectious enthusiasm every week. Go Bolts!!!

96. By r8rh8r on Oct 5, 2012 | Reply

Was that article written in crayon?

97. By Kevin on Oct 5, 2012 | Reply

Phillip,

Thanks for taking a moment to post on the blog on real life of a NFL quarterback. It find it very interesting and aweome to hear how family days are spent in the Rivers household.
    Thank you for being a great leader for the Chargers team and all you have done for the team. Win or Lose…..Chargers all the way!!

98. By Jase on Oct 5, 2012 | Reply

All I have to say is that I know that you are in the NFL now……but you have Wolfpack roots. You will ALWAYS be remembered and honored here and I hope that you take that to the field in the NFL. You played your heart out at NCSU and I truly appreciate all that you have done. Remember the wolfpack nation and carry that to the field and take the Chargers to the Superbowl. It is in you to do just that. Best to you and your family!

Wolfpack Nation Rep…Fan number unknown

99. By Robert on Oct 5, 2012 | Reply

It seems that the only thing you are missing Mr. Rivers is that championship ring! Please bring home the trophy and earn yourself a ring. That other quaterback on that other team hopefully inspired or inspires you for glory!!!

100. By Lucinda on Oct 5, 2012 | Reply

Dear Philip,
    I am a long-time fan and was there in the seats when Dan Fouts was throwing to JJ. He was an amazing quarterback. Now we have you as our main man, about the same age as my own son, and I often think how your parents must be so proud of you. Your blog entry reinforced my opinion. Of course I am a long time fan, a true die-hard fan, and your style of play brings me joy. I absolutely love your fire and passion! I love your chatty interaction with everyone on the field. But most of all, I am so proud that such a fine young man represents our county. May the Lord continue to bless you and your family, dear Philip.

101. By Kevin S. on Oct 5, 2012 | Reply

Phillip,

I’ve only been a Charger fan for three years now but it’s been a great three years! Looking forward to getting into the post season this year and showing the world our colors. You know its not so much the Ring as it is the Man who wears it. One of the main reasons I chose to follow the Bolts was their QB. You are the embodiment of what a professional athlete should be. On and off the field you are a role model for your kids and for all children everywhere. Its also so refreshing to see how much you enjoy the game… not just a job, you are obviously having a heck of a lot of fun too! You lead the Chargers with a confidence that can only come from a truly moral and honest man. It makes me proud to be a Chargers fan. Watching you makes me enjoy being a fan and a father all the more. Thanks for sharing a little of your personal life with us as well. It means a great deal to your true fans. And speaking of true… keep being true to yourself-your field vision if you will, trust your judgement and instincts and that ball will find its mark.

All the best Phillip and lets have some fun in New Orleans!

102. By Yvonne on Oct 5, 2012 | Reply

Philip, It was a pleasure to read your blog. You are a down to earth man and that is rare these days. I am so glad to watch you leave this team as our #1 QB. Glad to hear that you and the team is not satisfied with a 3-1 record. Have been to a few games over the years and always come away with barely a whisper.
    God has blessed you with a special talent to play football at the elite level you play. I loved viewing the pictures of your precious family. Hope to be at the Denver game my daughters friend might get us tickets. It would sure be fun to see Manning looking up from his backside in person.
    Go tear up the Saints on Sunday.

103. By Kenny on Oct 6, 2012 | Reply

What can you say?Another man who puts the word “Pro” in pro football player and carries himself as such. Great family man too. I’ve been a Chargers fan since I was about 5 years old when I learned about having a favorite team. I have been ever since and always will be.And i live in Philadelphia. When guys ask me who i think is the best qb in the league, its always, Philip Rivers to me. Sure we don’t have any superbowl championships, but i get amped watching “P.R.17″ play. “P.R.17″ is the toughest quarterback in the league. When I saw that AFC championship when we lost to N.E. I was still proud of our Chargers. P.R. 17 playing on 2 bad ACL’s. Thats putting it on the line!
    As for now at 3-1, Just stay focused and take it one game at a time. This team has the potential to do great things this year. Keep up the great work Chargers. Keep on leading P.R.17! LETS GO!!!!!!! SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS!!!!!

104. By Dave from Bend, OR on Oct 6, 2012 | Reply

Hey Phil, I really enjoyed reading your blog about your family and team mates. I have been a diehard Charger fan since I was a little kid in Missouri. I went to SDSU just so I could go to Charger games (back in the Fouts era). I am a complete San Diego Charger Bar upstairs with 40 + signed photos, 9 signed jersey under glass, signed helmets, footballs, etc. Then I restored a 1967 Pontiac GTO which is painted Chargers yellow, and has Navy Blue & yellow interior. It is Sick! So, Go Bolts and I enjoy watching your firey competitive nature out on the field! Good luck this season and can’t wait for our first Super Bowl Title with you at the helm! Stay healthy and looking forward for the next 2 prime time games!
    GO CHARGERS GO!!!

105. By A fan in Georgia on Oct 6, 2012 | Reply

Philip, it’s been fun watching you play football… from the first rain-soaked game in Raleigh through the surprisingly one sided win in KC last week.

In today’s grueling pace of life with all its noise, football (especially Chargers and Bears football) still provides some respite, especially the way you play it.

Best of luck this year which I hope culminates with the Chargers’ second win this season in the Mercedes Super Dome!

106. By cordcutterguide on Oct 6, 2012 | Reply

Good luck in New Orleans tonight. It will be sad for the Saints going 0-5 but that’s life.

107. By Dan Figlenski on Oct 6, 2012 | Reply

Philip you are a class act. Its very nice to see a professional athlete with the same partner they started with. GO BOLTS

108. By Sonny on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

Spend as much time with your family as you can. I too have 6 kids and 2 are now graduated from HS. Time fies and it seems like yesterday that I was changing their poops. And yet I am on a 2wk business trip in Europe. But I still have to remind myself that it is not just quality time but QUANTITY time as well. Go Chargers!!!

109. By Brad on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

I am proud to be a native SD and proud to be a Charger fan. You have and am a great addition to our team. I am proud to wear your jersey every where I go. I too married my middle school sweet heart and knew she was the one. We will have been married for 16yrs on the 12th of Oct. And this will be the first year we wont be together for it. I work on the railroad and will not be home until Dec., a couple days before christmas. We have four kids two girls 16 and 14 and two boys 13 and 10, we are all from SD. But back to you. Thank you for being here for all that you do on and off the field, you are truely blessed.

Charger Fan 4Life,
    Bradley Craig

110. By AndiSam on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

What an example of a great role-model for kids…married to his childhood sweetheart, big family, charitable…This is the kind of guy i want our kids to look upon as a elite athlete! Dont care he hasnt won a superbowl yet, he’s a winner in every other way! Love we don’t have to hear about his 18 kids from different women, alleged rapes, dog killing…yep, this is a good guy! GO CHARGERS!!!!!!

111. By Marti in San Diego on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

Love~love~love the pictures with your kids!

112. By Devi on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

Dear Phillip,
    What a great family you have. I moved here from South Africa in 1976 and my father explained football to us and we automatically became Charger fans!!! I moved away to Denver and proudly wore my charger shirt complete with bolts ON my face and a huge CHARGE sign in my hands- to those dumb broncos games!! I lived there for 13 years and remained faithful to the Chargers. I recently moved back and will always be a fan no matter what you guys win or lose. My brother has a Charger “man land” in Maryland where my father was laid to rest. We are Jewish so we place rocks on graves instead of flowers. We have put many yellow and gold rocks on his place of rest. Im sure he still roots for you guys up in heaven as we do here on earth. You are a wonderful team!! We love you either way. Thanks for being such a positive role model for our kids.( My friend went to the same church as you when you lived in Poway and confirmed you are a wholesome and wonderful man/father/ husband. Just wanted to say ;”You’re an inspiration!” God Bless…

113. By Marci on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

Philip, we love having you here in San Diego. You are such a great role model for our community and we have enjoyed taking part in the things you bring to our city (the Rivers of Hope 5K). My son has met you a few times now and you always take the time to say hello to him and say something encouraging. Not all players are like that, so we thank you for that especially.

I agree with past comments about how great it is that you are a family man. At the end of the day, that is really what it is all about!

114. By Daniel Garcia on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

Great qb…

115. By Daniel Garcia on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

Great qb keep up the hard work

116. By Tia on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

Well put Rivers! Thank you for all you do for our city on & off the field. Middle school sweethearts? Thats amazing!!! We pray you continue to live her in sd! Thanks again

117. By Melody on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

I have to admit when we traded Drew Brees it was tough to swallow. Yes Drew is awesome but I wouldn’t trade you Philip for anything. I love your passion for the game and oh yeah you’re a pretty good quarterback too (lol). Thanks for sharing the pictures of your beautiful family.

Continued success…the San Diego Super Chargers are going to win the AFC West this year with your leadership and shock everyone when we make it to the Super Bowl. I know one game at a time!

God Bless and GO BOLTS!!

118. By Davidsmountain on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

Sorry to say Philip, Brees and Manning lived up to expectations . . . Talk is CHEAP! I’ve watched the Chargers since Balboa Stadium, you remind me of Fouts . . . ALL numbers, no RING!

119. By Davidsmountain on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

Stan Humphries is still my HERO!

120. By Davidsmountain on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

Like my Father before me, I’ll die a Chargers fan, whether I live to see us win the Super Bowl or not . . . Peace, Brother!

121. By Nathen Mathews on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

I was born in San Diego and miss it terribly. Thanks for holding SD down until I move back. I’m in Indiana now and my 5 children and 9th grade sweetheart walk around in our Chargers gear proud. We will get our division this year Phillip! We love the Chargers and will continue being a fan until the bitter end. Let’s Go Super Chargers!

122. By Craig on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

Hey Phil- You are a great qb, no doubt! But losing tonight to a winless team, albeit the Saints, blowing a 10-point lead and them scoring 17 unanswered points to win.. talk IS cheap. I’m sure you name will never be up there with the Bradys, Mannings, Brees until the Chargers stop being under-achievers, get back into the playoffs year to year and win a Super Bowl. The mid-’90’s was the last time under Bobby Ross. That was ages ago. Marty Schottenheimer was fired for being knocked out of the playoffs early and after a 14-2 season. Nothing has been the same with the Chargers since!
    My point is, and I think it’s obvious, it time to fire Norv Turner, who has had his chances with this team and failed, and start a new era, a new voice to bring out the underlying potential this team possesses. It’s being wasted under Turner, a great play-call but NOT a head coach.

123. By Stephen on Oct 7, 2012 | Reply

Dear Philip,

I’ve been a charger fan since I was six and I can truly say that the Charger organization has never had a QB like you! Your passion for football as well as your work in the community is inspirational. I was stationed in San Diego right when you got drafted to San Diego. I finished my commitment and am now in Central California still wearing blue and yellow up here in Raider and Niner territory. I hope you continue doing what you are doing Philip! Having an adopted family has made me realize the importance of your organization and how you provide comfort and support to kids that need a families. Your leadership and passion for the game will eventually lead us to success in a Championship someday! I’m proud to call myself a Charger fan. I look forward to seeing you guys every year in Oakland! Go Chargers!!!!!

124. By Barbi on Oct 8, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your personal life. I have been a fan die hard fan since I was a little girl and I remember the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Chrager Football! I get a lot of flack from others because now I live in N. Carolina bc my husband is in the Marine Corps. However I wear my gear and Proud of it! I have to say some like you some don’t however that’s a good thing bc your loved and hated for being Great at what you do! Keep up the compassion, fire and respect for the game! You are truly a blessing on and off the field!

125. By Knightwolfe24 on Oct 8, 2012 | Reply

last night you played exceptionally well at the Superdome, Phillip. However, we gout hosed on the Roughing the Passer call that cost us a TD after n interception.

Was surprised at how the refs called those penalties on us during that last drive (still wondering how two great passes were called back after significant gains that would’ve put us in the Red Zone).

Good luck next week against the Broncos!!!

GO BOLTS!!!!

126. By anna brainard on Oct 8, 2012 | Reply

I love knowing you have 6 kids and you are sure to still “date” your wife. I’ve always been a Chargers fan, but now I’m a big Rivers fan. God bless you and yours!

127. By Debbie Lum on Oct 8, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for sharing Phillip, I’ll keep rooting for my Chargers, and you guys keep fightin!!! Be safe….

128. By stacey on Oct 9, 2012 | Reply

Philip I know this is your job QB in the NFL. I cant take these new refs. It is so dis hearting to me. thirty five years of cheering, no superbowl. and will never have a chance for one. they have beat me down. Ed. and
    the boy’s. you won…..

129. By Kent on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

Phillip fine sir, I have been waiting for a franchise QB since before you were a twinkle in your moms eye. Your fire, infinite knowledge of the game, (your Dad I assume), and your leaderships skills are more than I could have dreamed for.
    Your press comferences and easy nature patiently describing your duties ad the QB on the field are a joy to watch, even with some of the bonehead questions from reporters. I love your toughnes, though cringe each time you go down. Thanks for representing a team and city that is much maligned with.. from the heart stedfastness. Love the family pics and I bet your Dad is dang proud of you. By the way you are way cooler that Fouts every thought of being. You will have your Super Bowl ring. It it fate my fearless leader.

130. By andrew gordon on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Yo what up P rivs. SD native in TX now…. if you want to hear the fans get louder, stand on the bench and wave some towels around during defense, you are an ambassador of SD and the chargers, your enthusiasm is contagious.. as is your frustration so just go out there and have fun. DONT LOOK AT THE SCOREBOARD.

BOLT UP SUCKAZ!!