• Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 9:20 AM - 11:30 AM PDT Training Camp Practice Training camp practice is open to the public. Gates to Chargers Park will open one hour before the start of each practice session.
  • Sat., Aug. 02, 2014 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT 2014 Chargers FanFest It will be a special day for Chargers fans of all ages and, best of all, it’s free. The parking lot will open at 9:00 a.m. and the stadium gates will open at 10 a.m
  • Mon., Aug. 04, 2014 2:50 PM - 5:00 PM PDT Training Camp Practice Training camp practice is open to the public. Gates to Chargers Park will open one hour before the start of each practice session.
  • Thu., Aug. 07, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

• Thu., Aug. 07, 2014 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM PDT Cowboys @ Chargers The Chargers open preseason play at home against the Dallas Cowboys.
  • Thu., Aug. 07, 2014 10:00 PM - 11:30 PM PDT Post-Game Show

• Sat., Aug. 09, 2014 9:20 AM - 11:30 AM PDT Training Camp Practice Training camp practice is open to the public. Gates to Chargers Park will open one hour before the start of each practice session.
  • Mon., Aug. 11, 2014 2:50 PM - 5:00 PM PDT Training Camp Practice Training camp practice is open to the public. Gates to Chargers Park will open one hour before the start of each practice session.
  • Tue., Aug. 12, 2014 9:20 AM - 11:30 AM PDT Training Camp Practice Training camp practice is open to the public. Gates to Chargers Park will open one hour before the start of each practice session.
  • Fri., Aug. 15, 2014 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

Chargers Bust Out the Powder Blues

Posted by Ricky Henne on October 10, 2012 – 11:04 AM

The Chargers will don their “Power Blue”/powder blue jerseys for the first time this season Monday night against Denver.  San Diego has won 12 of the last 15 games while wearing them.  Overall, since the powder-blue color first reappeared in 1994 during the NFL’s 75th Anniversary Season, the Chargers have a 14-8 record in those colored jerseys.

The team redesigned its uniform in 2007, introducing the new powder blue alternate uniform, and the Bolts are 9-3 in that jersey.  From 1994-06, the Chargers wore their “Throwback” jerseys modeled after uniforms worn by the 1963 AFL Championship squad 10 times (5-5 record).

The Chargers will also wear the powder blues on Nov. 25 vs. Baltimore.

Are you a fan of these alternate jerseys? Let us know in the comments below!

Tags: , ,

27 Responses to “Chargers Bust Out the Powder Blues”

1. By John on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

How can you not be a fan of these jerseys! As players always say, look good, play good. Go bolts

2. By Dillon on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

They’re the best jerseys we got.

3. By Kurt on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

Yes a huge fan! Don’t ya think they play better when they wear the best looking uniform in the history of the game. Everybody talks about them (I mean fans from other teams), Its an idea

4. By maugie on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

best uniform in nfl history period

5. By Tim the bolt man on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

I love the powder blue I will be wearing mine on monday nite.GO BOLTS

6. By Sandy Hustede on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

Best Jersey’s ever and look at the winning record when we wwear them!!!!! why can’t we wear thema s our regullar ones and make the others alternates?????

7. By Trevor on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

I REALLY think you guys should make these the permanent home uniforms. And throw some of that power blue with a white jersey and power blue pants too!

8. By Jake on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

I disagree about the powder blues but it’s mostly just because I am not partial to the color I like the Navy blue better.

9. By Mick on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

I wish this was the Main Jeresy and the Navy Blue was th Alterative.These Powder Blues are Sick.Hope Chargers where them in the Super Bowl this year because we are going to Win Super Bowl 47.

10. By Rory on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

Loooove the powder blues!!! And the all whites are so much better than the navy pants

11. By Eddie on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

Think they should be the home colors. Denver Bronco fans urged the owners to bring back the orange colors and they did it for the fans. I think we should get the Chargers to do the same and bring back the helmets too.

12. By Amanda on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

Best uniform in sports! I would love to see them worn as the home jerseys. They would be way more unique and “ownable” than navy!

13. By Miguel on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

LOVE THEM!!!!!

14. By Arturo on Oct 10, 2012 | Reply

Yes I love the old powder blues, or the AFL 50th Anniversary ones were great both away and home. But my taste as a fan truelly lies is the 1970’s chargers uni’s during the Fouts era. Yeah baby bring them back

15. By luvvy on Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

WHERE TO FIND THIS blue jerseys?

16. By Ducksnatcher on Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

Powder blues are the best we have at the moment. but my faves are also the Fouts era Navy’s with gold numbers and facemask………… Much preferred the all white to the Navy pants with road jersey, but if we’re going to wear navy pants PLEASE put white socks with it so it doesn’t look like we’re wearing leotards……….. Wonder what the all navy would look like with the current set of unis (with white socks of course!).

17. By Paul on Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

Hope the Bronco’s DB’s are taking time to admire the Powder Blues as our WR’s blow past them. GO BOLTS!

18. By james west on Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

The powder blues are the best uniforms EVER! The Chargers should petition the NFL to wear them full-time (regular season jerseys).

19. By caleb on Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

finally i agree they play better with the powder blue those are the best jerseys they got

20. By reggie abbott on Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

POWER BLUES!!!!!

21. By sam on Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

Powder Blue is all right, but being a fan in my late 30’s I would love it if the team would play at least 1 game in the late 70’s early 80’s uniform that had the yellow pants and the dark blue helmet. Remember J.J. Jefferson, Charlie Joiner, Kellen Winslow, Dan Fouts, and Rolf Benirschke, true offensive power. Those uniforms are when I first learned about charger power, I remember screaming da da da dat ta da charge! in front of the T.V. in my yellow and blue p.j’s. I could barely read or write but I new the Raiders sucked and they always will. I also had some hate for the Seahawks, Broncos, and Chiefs. That era was amazing, I still have my Jack In The Box Posters of the Bolts, back then it seemed like more than a sport, it was part of life, and that is why I would like to see the old uniforms.

22. By Frightening Lightning on Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

Great time to step up on prime time and show America (and themselves) this team is for real. Recipes for a W: protect Rivers, hang on to the football, feed Matthews early and often, pressure Manning, be aggressive in the secondary, and win the TOP (time of possession). I will be there and anticipate I’ll get my money’s worth and that this game will be tight, drama-filled and go down to the wire, maybe even last possession.

23. By Pappy on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Love the powder blues!

24. By Aaron on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

More powder blue and less white,whats not to like about tradition. always loyal go CHARGERS!

25. By Heorot on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Won’t save you or cry baby Rivers this week Chargirl losers! Lets go Broncos!!!!

26. By Ann Wells on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

I love the powder blue, and wish it were our main uniform. You will not find me wearing white ever again. If you want to “paint the stadium”, do it in powder blue. I like the powder blue better than the navy because the navy does not stand out in the stadium. I remember the Fouts era when the entire stadium was yellow – not my favorite color, but it was impressive. While we’re on the subject, out family is pom-pom crazy and our powder blue ones truly need replacing. If you won’t give them away, at least sell them in the store! I’ll be there Monday, yelling loudly EVERY time Denver has the ball, not just when I feel like it.

27. By Russell Van Driel on Oct 15, 2012 | Reply