• Wed., Sep. 03, 2014 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM PDT Charger Girls Swimsuit Unveiling Party

Join the Charger Girls for their annual calendar reveal party on Sept. 3, 2014.

• Mon., Sep. 08, 2014 5:20 PM - 7:20 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff The official San Diego Chargers pre-game show.
  • Mon., Sep. 08, 2014 7:20 PM - 10:20 PM PDT Chargers @ Cardinals The Chargers face off against the Cardinals again in their first regular season game.
  • Mon., Sep. 08, 2014 10:20 PM - 11:50 PM PDT Post-Game Show The official San Diego Chargers post-game show with exclusive interviews with Mike McCoy, Chargers players, phone calls and comments breaking down the game.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 11:05 AM - 1:05 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

• Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 1:05 PM - 4:05 PM PDT Seahawks @ Chargers The Chargers host the Seahawks for their first regular season game at home.
  • Sun., Sep. 14, 2014 4:05 PM - 5:35 PM PDT Post-Game Show The official San Diego Chargers post-game show with exclusive interviews with Mike McCoy, Chargers players, phone calls and comments breaking down the game.
  • Sun., Sep. 21, 2014 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

• Sun., Sep. 21, 2014 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT Chargers @ Bills The Chargers head to Buffalo to take on the Bills.
  • Sun., Sep. 21, 2014 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM PDT Post-Game Show The official San Diego Chargers post-game show with exclusive interviews with Mike McCoy, Chargers players, phone calls and comments breaking down the game.

Gaither Opens Up About Critical Saints Play

Posted by Ricky Henne on October 11, 2012 – 4:29 PM

Everyone is talking about Jared Gaither’s decision to stay on the field Sunday night rather than come out after injuring his groin. His choice to remain in the game backfired when he gave up a strip sack of Philip Rivers. This afternoon, the left tackle opened up about what was going through his mind at the time.

“I got hurt.  Simple as that.  I tried to fight through the injury and it didn’t work.  I thought I could still perform and do the job, otherwise I wouldn’t have stayed out there.  In the heat of the moment, all I was thinking about was finishing, helping the team and fighting through the injury that I felt.”

Gaither’s groin is getting better each day, and he is hopeful he can suit up vs. the Broncos.

“I’m feeling good.  I’m getting better every day and I’m really looking forward to Monday night.  I don’t want to gauge anything or speculate, but I’m working hard on maintaining where I’m at and getting better. My goal is to play, and that’s where my focus is.”

10 Responses to “Gaither Opens Up About Critical Saints Play”

1. By Ryan on Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

That’s heart and all I give him that.. But if you’re getting beat every snap and he’s coming off the ball untouched then that’s just selfish if you still think you can “finish.” Absolutely ridiculous! Trying to be hero cost us the game Gaither!

2. By lee cuchine on Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

Get better soon, we will need ya Monday, you guys on the line need to give Rivers the kind of time the other QB’s in the league are getting. Lets Go get that 2 game lead before the bye. GO BOLTZ!!!

3. By Frightening Lightning on Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

Gaither did not cost us that game. There are many reasons why we lost, including: poor secondary play; guys were WIDE open and had major YAC (yards after the catch). Ingram’s personal foul changed the whole complexion of the game. Rivers had two costly INTs; the offense fell asleep ni the second half, numerous 3 and outs, and they abandoned running Matthews, who was KILLING the NO defense.

4. By John x. Mapu on Oct 11, 2012 | Reply

hey gaither.. thanks for at least saying something in the press, cause you dont owe us an explanation anyways.. so thank you, as a grid iron warrior that totally makes sense why you were in.. i will say however please take Mike harris under your wing and let him know.. there might be a time that he needs to be YOU.. even for just one play.. so trust him confide in him, and vice versa .. so when this does happen again, you can put TEAM forward and trust.. cause lets be real buddy, you know your not going to be in every play this year.. so do us fans a favor i beg.. and prepare our team! hes not going to take your spot, but he needs to understand how you need to bring it to the table.. and you (gaither) need to understand that this year.. your not mr.every down.. please?! thanks your charger for life fan -john

5. By A.Tawney on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Its not on oh him norv gets alead and lays down

6. By Silly on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for being forthcoming – best wishes on getting back out on the field big man – the team needs you!!

7. By Elias on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Gaither, the past is the past, just take it one game at a time.what happened in the past stays in the past. Just focus on the present, focus on protecting philip rivers blindside against Denver and we will do well against them.be strong, and overall, go out there and have some fun.

8. By oldtcs on Oct 13, 2012 | Reply

Gaither not coming out is all on the coaches, IMHO. Players like Gaither get their heads totally into the game, and that’s what we want. Coaches are the ones that are supposed to see things clearly, since they are not in the thick of things.

For anyone who’s had a groin injury of any kind, you KNOW how much heart it takes to keep going!

Get well quick, man!

9. By Gabriel on Oct 14, 2012 | Reply

hey Gaither, I don’t know you personally, but when you decided to come back & play this year I actually now believe this team can win a title & more. Im no coach, but I know an you are an impact on that o’ line. Why you stayed in? I can understand 100%. When you so focused & energized, we don’t make the best choices. Would i have stayed in the game if I were in that position? I probably would. You not to blame. We could blame the coaches, but what good is that. Like the other blogger said; take Harris under your wing. You could teach him so much & he could b your confident back-up. I think you two could work together & be the best team tackles in the NFL! Do your best. It’s all I ask of the team. Charger fan 4 VIDA!

10. By wlln on Oct 14, 2012 | Reply

Reblogged this on Willian Travaglia.