• Sun., Sep. 28, 2014 11:05 AM - 1:05 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

• Sun., Sep. 28, 2014 1:05 PM - 4:05 PM PDT Jaguars @ Chargers Back at home, the Chargers face off against the Jaguars.
  • Sun., Sep. 28, 2014 4:05 PM - 5:30 PM PDT Post-Game Show The official San Diego Chargers post-game show with exclusive interviews with Mike McCoy, Chargers players, phone calls and comments breaking down the game.
  • Sun., Oct. 05, 2014 11:25 AM - 1:25 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

• Sun., Oct. 05, 2014 1:25 PM - 4:25 PM PDT Jets @ Chargers The Chargers welcome the Jets to Qualcomm Stadium.
  • Sun., Oct. 05, 2014 4:25 PM - 6:00 PM PDT Post-Game Show The official San Diego Chargers post-game show with exclusive interviews with Mike McCoy, Chargers players, phone calls and comments breaking down the game.
  • Sun., Oct. 12, 2014 11:05 AM - 1:05 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

• Sun., Oct. 12, 2014 1:05 PM - 4:05 PM PDT Chargers @ Raiders The Chargers head to Oakland to take on the Raiders.
  • Sun., Oct. 12, 2014 4:05 PM - 5:30 PM PDT Post-Game Show The official San Diego Chargers post-game show with exclusive interviews with Mike McCoy, Chargers players, phone calls and comments breaking down the game.
  • Sun., Oct. 19, 2014 11:05 AM - 1:05 PM PDT Countdown to Kickoff

Guest Blog: Shaun Phillips

Posted by Ricky Henne on October 12, 2012 – 9:15 AM

The following was written and submitted by Chargers linebacker Shaun Phillips.

I feel blessed to have spent the last nine years of my life here in San Diego.  It’s hard not to love this place.  The weather is great all the time, downtown is pretty good with all the restaurants and everything, and I love the neighborhood that I live in.  My neighbors are really cool and laid back, so it’s a great city to live in.

Those who know me know I’m a big Twitter fan. I love that you just get to say whatever you want to say.  You get to have your own opinion without having to deal with what reporters or commentators think you mean.  You get your point across and make a connection all by yourself. So I have a lot of fun with it. Make sure you follow me at @ShaunPhillips95 if you don’t already.

I’ve gotten off to a pretty good start this year.  I was hurt all of last year, and people forget about that. It’s hard to play when you’re only 60% and missed a few games, but so far the season has started off good and I’m going out there and making plays for the defense.  I’m trying to do everything I can to help the team win.

I get a lot of questions about my sack celebration, and it’s the same one I’ve done for the last nine years.  It’s a tribute to my grandmother, who passed away a while back.  She was a big bowler so that’s how I came up with it.

After this week’s game we have the bye week coming, but I haven’t made any plans.  My entire focus is on this game against the Broncos. That’s what I’m concentrating on. The primary focus of course is Peyton Manning. He’s a challenge.  He’s an amazing quarterback, one of the best to ever play the game.  But to be the best, you’ve got to go up against the best, so it’s going to be a really good game.

Overall, I’m really excited about this year’s Chargers team.  Just the camaraderie that we have amongst the players is the best I’ve ever seen.  We have a bunch of guys that really get along.  There are no prima donna’s on this team like we’ve had in years past. So it’s good to be around the guys, and I love being around my teammates.  When the season ends that’s what I’ll miss the most.

That’s about it for me.  Keep on supporting us.  There’s going to be a little good, a little bad and a little ugly, but at the end of the day it will be mostly good.

SP95

9 Responses to “Guest Blog: Shaun Phillips”

1. By lee cuchine on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Great article, I know you guys are going to have a good game against Peyton, you always do. GO BOLTZ!!!

2. By Bill McPherson on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Hey Shaun,

“The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” was a classic western – so let’s take that credo all the way and win the WEST in classic fashion!!!! Get after Manning all four quarters!!!

3. By Tim the bolt man on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Shaun
    You are the man! Got to say I love the bowling move because when you do that I know you have just wrecked a QB or RB.I am comming out from Phoenix for the game on monday just to see ya’ll puta hurting on payton ( they who think they are to good to a charger) let the hits fly. I am so stoked on the D,s play this year would be great to see paytons uni a dirty mess…………THE BOLT MAN……………GO BOLTZ

4. By Rey on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Shaun,
    Its asking for too much but I hope to see you do at least 2-3 of your bowling celeb this Monday night which means you made Peyton taste some of the Qualcomm dirt. Im confident that you guys (CHARGERS) will win this week! Go Bolts!

5. By Joey Paustell on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Shaun! you’re exactly what we need on the Chargers, i hope you know that everytime i go to the game i make sure everyone gets LOUD on 3rd down for the defense. We need you guys to come up big on D this week, hopefully part of the gameplan will be moving around on D pre snap to confuse manning since that seemed to have worked on him in years past, and of course the best way to mess up a great quarterbacks rhythm is to get pressure… SO BRING THE HEAT!!!!! i know you, barnes, J dub, super melvin & English are up to the challenge!! GO CHARGERS!

6. By 1961 Fan on Oct 15, 2012 | Reply

Shaun
    I think your bowling move is stupid; just do the job and collect your
    check. You are lucky to be playing in today’s times. I the sixties when the Bolts kicked every teams butts most of the Players made $ 15 to $ 20,000 per year. They all had jobs in the off season. I mourn the passing of Sam Grurnisen who I watched play on many occasions. You never saw those players act the way you and other players of today act. Sid Gilliman would never stand for that “Hollywood” type reaction to making a sack, it is what you are supposed to do. If you do not like what I am saying invite me down to practice I will say it to your face. I am 67 years old and I expect to see my Chargers bring home the Lombardi Trophy before I expire. Do you job and win the game.
    Pops

7. By Bryan on Oct 15, 2012 | Reply

Damn Shaun,
    We need to replace Reject Rivers & Norv Turnover. Those Two are definitely the weak links in this Program. I Think that, & it’s just my opinion those Two people have an Outstanding Record of CHOKING UNDER PRESSURE!!!

I am still a Chargers Fan, But yet I dont understand the choices that they make, & how this Chargers Organization continues to settle with it!!!

Uso B

8. By Joseph Castillo on Oct 16, 2012 | Reply

We all need to heal up from this. It is a painful time, as fans, to see what is going on in general. But It just means that victory will taste even more sweeter when our QB Rivers wakes up and lights up this Bolt fan base once again. I still Believe!

9. By John on Oct 31, 2012 | Reply

Shaun

You deserved more support. Sorry to see your career full of so many what if’s. I appreciate you bringing it every day and night. Thick or thin, you are the man and I respect your work ethic.