• Tue., Apr. 22, 2014 6:00AM PDT First Day Players Return Players return to Chargers Park to begin the offseason workout program.
  • Fri., May. 02, 2014 11:00AM - 1:30PM PDT STAR-PAL Celebrity Waiter Luncheon Local celebrities and Chargers players team up to help STAR/PAL raise money for San Diego's underserved youth as they offer their services colecting tips as "celebrity waiters."
  • Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM PDT NFL Draft - Round 1 The 2014 NFL Draft will be held May 8 through 10 at Radio City Music Hall in New York.
  • Fri., May. 09, 2014 5:00PM PDT NFL Draft - Rounds 2-3 The 2014 NFL Draft will be held May 8 through 10 at Radio City Music Hall in New York.
  • Sat., May. 10, 2014 1:00PM PDT NFL Draft - Rounds 4-7 The 2014 NFL Draft will be held May 8 through 10 at Radio City Music Hall in New York.
  • Tue., May. 27, 2014 6:00AM PDT OTA Offseason Workout The Chargers begin organized team practice activity.
  • Wed., May. 28, 2014 6:00AM PDT OTA Offseason Workout The Chargers resume organized team practice activity.
  • Thu., May. 29, 2014 6:00AM PDT OTA Offseason Workout The Chargers resume organized team practice activity.
  • Mon., Jun. 02, 2014 6:00AM PDT OTA Offseason Workout The Chargers resume organized team practice activity.
  • Tue., Jun. 03, 2014 6:00AM PDT OTA Offseason Workout The Chargers resume organized team practice activity.

We’re Gonna Regroup

Posted by Kendall Reyes on October 18, 2012 – 8:50 AM

Hey guys, Kendall here.

Sorry I’ve been MIA for a bit but I had some technical difficulties. I promise to update this blog each week from here on out.

I had to stop in here to give a quick update before I head out for the bye the next couple days to let you know that the team is regrouping after Monday’s loss.  It was a tough one.  But we’re going to bounce back.  We’ve got a great team.  We’ve all got a big chip on our shoulders and we’re just going to relax for a little bit and come back out stronger than ever.

I’ll be back early next week to let you in on what I did after the bye.  Here’s a hint – it involves lots of rest and relaxation.

Till next time,

Kendall

Posted in Kendall’s Chronicle | 21 Comments »

21 Responses to “We’re Gonna Regroup”

1. By Richard on Oct 18, 2012 | Reply

what really needs to be done is bump Norv Turner off the team this has been happening far to long now. It truly amazes me that the team sticks with this coach. As a ticket season holder this most likely will be the only time I will but them ,I have been a charger fan for 44 years and all I still here are excuses. Last year many season ticket holders gave them up and it looks like the same will happen this year unless Norv is fired .

2. By Erik on Oct 18, 2012 | Reply

Keep up the good wok man! Keep focused keep that chip on your shoulder and dominate. Win the west!

3. By Voice of Reason on Oct 18, 2012 | Reply

@ Richard
    Norv Turner has the highest winning percentage in team history. He was named NFL Coach of the Year in 2009 by USA Today. Who exactly are you going to replace him with that will be better? Sometimes critical players get hurt or a single mistake gets made and your team loses a game. Boo hoo. You don’t fire everyone and start over. The Chargers may be 3-3 right now, but they’re still tied for the division lead, and they’re well positioned to get to the playoffs (especially in the AFC).

And if you’ve watched the NFL playoffs the last few years, you know that if you make it to the playoffs anything can happen.

4. By Hank on Oct 18, 2012 | Reply

As a long time Charger fan of over 30 years, and watching this trend of disappointment after disappointment just has been too much to even enjoy watching games. Under Norv’s watch the last few years, we’ve had to endure a year of horrible Special Teams, a year of huge turn overs and the usual predictable run up the middle on 1st down and pass on 3rd and long offense. It starts from top management where AJ and Norv just don’t have what it takes to lead any talented team to respectability and sustain it. Our window of opportunity has been slowly closing since Marty was replaced with Norv and each year we have a much less talented team at key positions that are not getting younger. I just don’t get how anyone can keep supporting the main person responsible for their team’s performance…the coach!

5. By Fil on Oct 18, 2012 | Reply

Norv is a good offensive coordinator but not a good play caller. Put someone in-charge that someone can outsmart the other team. Norv just don’t have that. Someone will tell run it to the left or right, throw deep, short pass, whatever it is Norv just don’t have that talent. He is perfect on designing plays but knowing when to execute those pays is not his MO.

6. By jon on Oct 18, 2012 | Reply

KEEP THE FAITH!!! If the THUNDER dont get you!?! the LIGHTINING-BOLTS-WILL!!!! WE-BELIEVE!!!CHARGER-POWER!!!BOLT-UP!!!!!

7. By aaron on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

Norv was voted head coach of the year in 2009—-ok, cmon. he took over a 14-2 schottenheimer team . now that he has had time to put his own mark on our team–look at what he has done. no swagger. no confidence.
    it gets worse every year and every year we take the blame off of Norv and put it somewhere else, special teams, front line, injuries, defensive coordinator, etc. The simple fact is, the buck stops with him.
    We want victory laps, not mental lapse!!

8. By larryjacks on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

Kendall – Glad you are a Charger. Love watching play and am looking forward to watching you dominate in the years to come.

As for the team/players. I hope one day you guys walk your talk. For a lot of us, expectations have been high and the disappointment of seeing you guys fold like a cheap tent hard to take. Especially after you all make comments about fixing it, playing together, being hungry and being a great team.

We’re ready to see it, not hear it!! Talk is cheap.

9. By Andrew Quest on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

I have total faith in you guys! I have a feeling you all are about to explode and get some tail! GO SUPER CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. By Andrew Quest on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

That was supposed to say” kick some tail” ha ha! But get some tail to while you have some time off! bwahahaha

11. By Richard on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

voice of reason you have no clue first of all when they hired Your man Norv there was not much out there so your reasoning is totally off look into yourself and think about what you said did it go any better the last two years or even two years before that. no it has not !!!!! when and if you can say you have been a fan since 1968 then i will bow to your opinion

12. By Art Vandelay on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

FIRE BILL JOHNSTON!!!

13. By Gone Surfing on Oct 19, 2012 | Reply

I’m the only Charger fan in a family of Bronco fans and it’s a big family. Needless to say I had a miserable couple of days until I finally decided to not answer my phone and delete voice mail, emails and text messages before reading or listening to them. I hope Kendall’s words “lots of rest and relaxation” is code for Practice, Study and Plan. Charger’s have Denver again next month and I’m heading to Vegas and betting a good chunk of money on the game. I will be betting on Denver… If Chargers win I’m happy and if they lose I’m taking the winnings and head to a strip club to drown my sorrows.

14. By millslife on Oct 20, 2012 | Reply

Been a Charger fan all my life…born and raised in San Diego. Went to my first game in 1976. Moved to the east coast 12 years ago…brought my Charger blood with me. All that said…I’ve never been as embarrassed in all my years as I was Monday night. Does this team have any character…at all?

15. By Nik without a C on Oct 20, 2012 | Reply

I have been a New York Giant’s Fan when I was there, but now that I live in San Diego, for from 95-present, it was really a disappointment on Monday Night Football. I have been a die hard Charger Fan, Saw them when the made the Playoffs against the New York Jets. I saw them against the Steelers and saw them Against Oakland. In my 33 years of my life, Everyone is right need to Look over Film and correct the mistakes, not only get rid of A.J. , Also Norv turner needs to go. If I were the Coach for example I would make them watch films on how to not make the same mistake twice. It is a tough road, not an easy schedule.

16. By Vince Edlebeck on Oct 20, 2012 | Reply

There is no doubt of the regroup in Central Florida! We are looking forward to the game next month when you take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers! The Kendall Reyes Fan Club will be out in full Force!

Ridge Lightning Youth Football & Cheer Loves Kendall Reyes and the San Diego Chargers!

17. By mvmr on Oct 21, 2012 | Reply

Ive been a charger fan all my life and after analyzing the seasons when they seemed to be superbowl contenders back when Marty was coach to present Norv. I conclude that the chargers are no longer superbowl contenders they are a good team but can definitely be beat by any team in the NFL. CHARGERS give me the impression that they are so conceited, they seem to either wait until the last quarter to step it up and fall short at the end or…they begin winning and suddenly lose at the end by a field goal, so many winnable opportunities faded away by a difference of a point or two.So I dont expect much of the chargers besides seeing them in the first round of playoffs and get eliminated (it has happened so much Im used to it already) but keep relaxing kendall, dont worry about the need to step it up, the chargers seem to not need it…

18. By Bill on Oct 22, 2012 | Reply

Kendall,
    I don’t understand the ‘CHIP ON THE SHOULDER” remark. I can understand being upset or embarrassed but a CHIP doesn’t work in pro sports unless you are unhappy or want a trade.
    Been a Charger fan since they came to San Diego 1961 ticket holder since 1967 and they practiced on a dirt field in La Mesa. I understand the big contracts and the GREAT money everyone makes, but, if the performance we all saw Monday night and the lack of leadership starting at the ownership on down to the players is any indication of the rest of this season, then the real question is why are any of you in the game other than the money. In high school love of the game to get into college, again love of the game to get to the next level, NOW in the Pro’s it’s about the money and less effort. It sounds harsh but just look in the mirror, no need for a excuse as a CHIP, do any of you still have the love and HEART to want to be winners. Norv is a loser, Rivers will never wear a Super Bowl ring, because he is not a leader. So its up to the rest of the team relax look at what got all of you here and put that together as A TEAM never give up, FOOTBALL is 4 quarters play this game as if it was your senior year in college, leave us faithful with a new impression every weak, don’t talk smack “JUST DO IT” OR BETTER YET ” PUT WHAT THE KING OF ROCK’N ROLL HAD ON EVERYTHING A LIGHTING BOLT WITH THE LETTERS “TCB” TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS (ELVIS PRESLEY). So go out and TCB this week and every week there after. NO CHIPS, JUST HEART AND THE WANT TOO!!!! One last thing this comment may upset people but I don’t care, If this team had what TEBOW brings to the table you would be feared, no excuse just guts and heart and it never hurts to have THE LORD on your side,

19. By Teddy on Oct 22, 2012 | Reply

I love it. The team isn’t clicking right now. Lacking leadership, but hey take a vacation guys, cause you’ve earned it. If your gonna relax I hope your doing some team building at Disneyland together. Norv take some responsibility for once. There’s a disconnect between the entire organization right now. Regroup, rest and relax. That’s what the front office wants all of us fans to do also. Sure lets try to forget the embarrassment from Monday night. I’ll take a chill pill,but hey why don’t you people (chargers staff) take this team seriously and get things in order. Excuses like we are tied at 3-3 shouldn’t cut it. The broncos have the lead on the division due to tie breaking rules. They beat us and with an even record they come out on top. Lets not forget that. Being satisfied because the AFC west is a lackluster division shouldn’t be good enough. We’ve had the best team with the most talent for years and It gets squandered away. Norvs play calling is too predictable. I’m thinking that maybe AJ is hoping for a good draft position. Let this be the last year for Norv. Norv may have a winning record, but Marty put him in that position, then they let him go. Then they wasted time and let the great coaching staff they had in place move on. And then all that was available was Norv. They had choices,but wasted too much time. I love the Chargers and will support them no matter what, but why is it they don’t support the fans???

20. By Gone Surfing on Oct 29, 2012 | Reply

Lose to a 1-6 Browns? I guess that was too much rest and relaxation

21. By Bill on Oct 29, 2012 | Reply

Well I guess the CHIP is still on everyone’s shoulders. Paid professionals and I hear a defensive player state “We didn’t tackle well”
    You get paid GREAT MONEY to do a job. So you show up to a game and if the conditions aren’t right you lay down because the CHIP on the shoulder is to heavy and you can’t tackle. Maybe you guys should be paid on performance but then you would just point the finger at someone else if your check was to small. You have KC coming in this week, don’t expect a sell-out not going to happen and the only person to blame are the ones who wear the blue and gold, if You beat KC don’t get excited beat a real team like today’s paper said. SAN DIEGO WORST TEAM IN THE NFL. PUT THAT ON YOUR MIRRORS that should help get that CHIP off your shoulders!!!
    Remember the game does start with a “U” its stands for TEAM UNITY lets get some both on offense and defense. Don’t forget HEART!!! it is what makes everything work.
    I HATE LOSING AT ANYTHING HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS?