• Fri., May. 02, 2014 11:00AM - 1:30PM PDT STAR-PAL Celebrity Waiter Luncheon Local celebrities and Chargers players team up to help STAR/PAL raise money for San Diego's underserved youth as they offer their services colecting tips as "celebrity waiters."
  • Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM PDT NFL Draft - Round 1 The 2014 NFL Draft will be held May 8 through 10 at Radio City Music Hall in New York.
  • Fri., May. 09, 2014 5:00PM PDT NFL Draft - Rounds 2-3 The 2014 NFL Draft will be held May 8 through 10 at Radio City Music Hall in New York.
  • Sat., May. 10, 2014 1:00PM PDT NFL Draft - Rounds 4-7 The 2014 NFL Draft will be held May 8 through 10 at Radio City Music Hall in New York.
  • Tue., May. 27, 2014 6:00AM PDT OTA Offseason Workout The Chargers begin organized team practice activity.
  • Wed., May. 28, 2014 6:00AM PDT OTA Offseason Workout The Chargers resume organized team practice activity.
  • Thu., May. 29, 2014 6:00AM PDT OTA Offseason Workout The Chargers resume organized team practice activity.
  • Mon., Jun. 02, 2014 6:00AM PDT OTA Offseason Workout The Chargers resume organized team practice activity.
  • Tue., Jun. 03, 2014 6:00AM PDT OTA Offseason Workout The Chargers resume organized team practice activity.
  • Wed., Jun. 04, 2014 6:00AM PDT OTA Offseason Workout The Chargers resume organized team practice activity.

Darrell Stuckey Blog: A Big Year for Me

Posted by Ricky Henne on November 8, 2012 – 4:46 PM

The following was written and submitted by Chargers safety Darrell Stuckey.

Hello everyone.  Darrell Stuckey here.

This season has been a big one for me both on the field and off.

On it I was named Special Teams captain before the season started. I was incredibly honored by that because it means my teammates are looking for me to be a leader on this team. They trust and believe in me as a player, a teammate and a person. So I take the role very seriously.  I have to be consistent and go out there and make a big play when the team needs it, whether it’s a small play or a big one like when I dove to catch that ball in the last game.  That play was a lot of fun. It was one of those things that is all instincts and all reaction.  I give a lot of credit to Mike Scifres for hitting another great punt down within the 10-yard line.  I was just going out to try to down it and do my job as Special Teams captain.

Off the field, I’m spending a lot of time with my wife who is pregnant with our first child.  It’s a boy and he’s due in February. We don’t have a name picked out yet so if you have a good one let me know!

We’ve been going to a lot of restaurants lately, most of which are pretty common, ordinary places. My wife loves Stacked so we’ve been there a bunch. We also really like Donovan’s here in San Diego.  We also eat a lot of Panera, and I’m a big, big Chipotle guy. I also like to hit up Coldstone.  I like to get vanilla and add Oreo to it and make it into a milk shake.  I highly recommend it. Besides that I also do a lot of community service which I find incredibly important.  I like to give back a lot to the community.

Overall, I feel good about our season so far.  We’ve had some ups and we’ve had some downs, but I think we’re going in the right direction. And I really love being here.  I love being an asset to an organization that is on the rise and where good things are happening.  So stick with us fans.  Get ready because we’re about to go on a run and it’s going to be fun.

Darrell

12 Responses to “Darrell Stuckey Blog: A Big Year for Me”

1. By Zachary Guzman on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

Darrell ive noticed the hard work and effort you’ve put in, it definitely shows in games. Keep it up dude you’ve earned it.

2. By Thomas Throup on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

You are truly a great player its hard not too notice you on special teams. Id love to see you get some work at the saftey position in the near future. Btw for the baby name i think sampson stuckey or samuel stuckey’s got a nice ring too it. Us true fans are behind the team and will be til the end! GO BOLTS!!

3. By Jonathan Fernandez on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

I am so glad you like to be on the Chargers and have great heart and an excellent athletic ability. A cool name is the same as the original Chargers owner,Barron, or Jonathan like me haha.

4. By Jonathan Fernandez on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

Good luck and you are doing GREAT! Also stay healthy we need you!

5. By erik on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

strong work! keep it up man! our special teams are dominating!!

6. By Fred on Nov 8, 2012 | Reply

I’ve been keeping an eye on your game, I cant wait to see you starting for us on defense, you have the tools man- Best of luck

7. By Colby Hannah on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

Darrell, hows it going? Congrats on the kid on the way, thats truely a blessing! Im the Sous Chef at an Italian restaurant in La Jolla called Barbarella. Id love to have you in sometime to cook for you! Been a Charger fan since day 1, having you in the restaurant would be my pleasure! Hope to see you one day…God Bless -Colby Hannah

8. By T-Bo on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

Good Job this year D.Stuck…. now lets get those defensive snaps in cause Cason looks like he will be gone at the end of the year!!!!!!

9. By nthom on Nov 9, 2012 | Reply

This is an awesome feature. It’s so cool to hear more about you guys in your own words. I’m also a huge Chipotle fan lol. You’re one of my favorite Chargers to watch and I can’t wait to see you starting on D someday. Keep working hard, it’s paying off. Good luck with everything both on and off the field!

10. By Ruben on Nov 10, 2012 | Reply

Keep it up Stuck! I see you flying to that ball and getting in on a lot of action.Its great to see the improvement from a couple of years ago when our special teams was more like special-ed and cost us a handful of games.Its upsetting that Goodman went down because he was an explosive returner and i knew it was a matter of time before he took one to the house.Go out to Tampa and attack and win that field position battle.Go Bolts!!!

11. By Matthew nereim on Nov 10, 2012 | Reply

Mr. Stuckey,
    You’re one of my favorite Chargers. I’ve wondered why they don’t find a way to get you in some defensive packages. You are a special teams beast…keep it up!

12. By Trav on Nov 12, 2012 | Reply

The fans appreciate the way you play!! Keep doing what you do and you’ll get your time on D’. Hey do us fans a favor, when you get in on practice lay the wood to Rivers and then tell him to quit costing the boys games.. :)